Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine too, for that matter. Will be the first time at the track. Going to 1/4 mile track in Jackson, SC. Anybody want to wager what I will be able to run in my car?

Here is the set-up:
CSXT Super 60 (.63 A/R), Conquest IC, +40's, TU Cal (18 & 24), 3Bar MAP, 255 fuel pump, TurboXS BOV, Accufab AFPR, 2.5" exhaust w/ no cat and flow through muffler, New Motor(cast mahle's & T2 rods), Head(stock), and Turbo all have 1100 miles. New T2 clutch, magnicores, 180^ stat, colder plugs, Accel Coil, AC Delete, and battery in the trunk. There is more, just not thinking.

Biggest hold up other than the head is CHEAP street tires.

What ya think she will run? I am 5'8" 165lbs and she is in fully trim.

·
Registered
237 Posts
My 87 CSX ran (past tense, she's sleeping now) with a stock turbo, 2.5" exhaust no cat, super 60 intercooler, 52mm TB, 804s and 2 extra injectors ran mid to high 13's on drag radials. she traped nearly 107 MPH. This was all she had boost to max.

Traction is going to be very difficult with your set up. I'd short shift fist and second so you can get in a gear with some grip.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
CSXT404 said:
Mine too, for that matter. Will be the first time at the track. Going to 1/4 mile track in Jackson, SC. Anybody want to wager what I will be able to run in my car?

Here is the set-up:
CSXT Super 60 (.63 A/R), Conquest IC, +40's, TU Cal (18 & 24), 3Bar MAP, 255 fuel pump, TurboXS BOV, Accufab AFPR, 2.5" exhaust w/ no cat and flow through muffler, New Motor(cast mahle's & T2 rods), Head(stock), and Turbo all have 1100 miles. New T2 clutch, magnicores, 180^ stat, colder plugs, Accel Coil, AC Delete, and battery in the trunk. There is more, just not thinking.

Biggest hold up other than the head is CHEAP street tires.

What ya think she will run? I am 5'8" 165lbs and she is in fully trim.
Don't worry about what you'll run the first time. It's almost always a dissapointment. Your car sounds like it's headed for 12s in the future (with tires). Don't forget high octane gas if you're going to run the high boost setting. Best thing to do is to start at lower boost and bring it up slowly. Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
95 Posts
As a comparison for what your potential might be, my CSX-T ran 8.7 @ 80mph in the 1/8th (never got around to a decent 1/4mile track). This is with an all stock T1, a520, etc. The mods are: dodge intercooler, Accufab AFR, grainger on the mitsu 17lbs boost, m&h slicks, 2.5" ex/no cat, shimmed swaybar, seats removed. You can read more about it at my site Jamperformance.com. My site is a couple weeks new, so i'm constantly adding to it. Theres lots of vids of my slow dayz, and one of my fastest runs. I didnt get a whole lot of videos of me going fast as i am the camera guy for the most part (my brother or friends filmed me when i raced).

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
14.0 Lets get some pessimism going on here. ;)

Honestly I was surprised when I went a 14.9 on my stock exhaust, I was planning on 15.2's.

Who knows, you should be able to go 13's, we'll see.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
riceboyler said:
Do you have any pics of the Conquest IC install on your CSXT? I've got an 87 CSX, but I'm looking at ideas for bigger ICs...
Jason, we can do to your car what I did to my Shelby Charger. Only, you'll have more room for intercooler pipe.

·
Registered
255 Posts
riceboyler said:
Do you have any pics of the Conquest IC install on your CSXT? I've got an 87 CSX, but I'm looking at ideas for bigger ICs...
I have a conquest intercooler in my 91 shadow. It seems to work very well. It is the only intercooler I have ever had so I dont have anything to compare it to though. You can see pics of my install at my car domain site:
Intercooler install page

hope this helps.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Don't be too worried about meeting your expectations the first time out. Add a half or full second to your expectations before you go just so you are not too dissapointed. Just getting used to being at the strip the first time out and getting comfortable is the main thing. Saw a young girl in a new Lancer EVO doing only 16's but by the end of the day was doing 14's and I bet her next trip it will be 13's.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have a conquest intercooler in my 91 shadow. It seems to work very well. It is the only intercooler I have ever had so I dont have anything to compare it to though.

Your page says it is a "starquest" intercooler, not conquest/starion intercooler you make it sound like.

Nice page on the install tho... I kinda wished you put your intercooler higher up for a cleaner install, but I bet it gets plenty of cold eair where it's at, as long as you don hit and huge dips. ;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
BLASINTEBO said:
Your page says it is a "starquest" intercooler, not conquest/starion intercooler you make it sound like.

Nice page on the install tho... I kinda wished you put your intercooler higher up for a cleaner install, but I bet it gets plenty of cold eair where it's at, as long as you don hit and huge dips. ;)
Starquest is the common nickname for a Starion/Conquest IC. Though I have to say, that IC looked a lot bigger than the stock StarQuest I have on my Omni... :confused:

·
Registered
255 Posts
BLASINTEBO said:
I kinda wished you put your intercooler higher up for a cleaner install, but I bet it gets plenty of cold eair where it's at, as long as you don hit and huge dips. ;)
Funny you should mention this. the reason I installed it so low is because both outlets were on the top and in order to install the mess of hoses up there, I needed the room. I did hit a couple big dips and it tore a hole in the intercooler. I have a new one though. It is the same core with 2.25" in and out. One on the top and one on the end. This will solve my problem by allowing me to install it about 3 inches higher and improve flow with less bends and no transitions. here's a picture of it.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts