Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm porting the head on my 2.5, and I have it porter to the point of it almost being flat and completely flush. Is it possible to make it completely flat and flush without going through the head or causing other problems? For an engine that makes 100hp bone stock, I want to get the most out of it I possibly can. It's been cleaned extremely, and I'm estimating a 50hp increase just from what's been done. In other words, without buying any aftermarket anything, I've boosted the hp from 100 to 150 with what came from the factory. So how much can be potted without wrecking it?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
A ton, I ported the head that's now on my Omni I couldn't believe the amount I removed without hitting a passage. I was able to almost completely remove the hump in the exhaust runner

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
thats exactly what i am going to do with my 2.5 head on my tona, i will port the hell out it along with intake and exhaust manifolds for maximum flow

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that, but I mean "potted the hell out" the he'll is different for everyone. Is the maximum like making it completely flush with the intake port? Or can you even expand the size of the hole?

·
Registered
297 Posts
You don't want the intake perfectly smooth or fuel can fall out of the mixture. You also want to keep some velocity going past the quench point. The right velocity will force the air into the cylinder even after the piston starts it's upward travel and continue right up until the valve closes!

I'm going to open up the intake runners and add some velocity porting on a spare 782 head, then add some texturing on the intake side (ala Mike Holler & Powre Lynz) and probably a Somender Groove as well.

I'm hoping to get near the 300hp with these mods running the 86 GLHS electronics and +20 injectors.

Law

1 - 6 of 6 Posts