Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There doesn't seem to be any real consistancy on what everyone's using for intake plumbing, and I don't want to hook up my IC with a patchwork of exhaust pipe and silicone adapters.

I have some prototype pieces of intake piping, custom made from rubber-coated aluminum flex pipe. I'll be installing these on my '90 Spirit (2.5L turbo, OEM-style intercooler). The flex pipes bend, but not in a sharp radius (think exhaust repair pipe, but lighter). Because they're aluminum, they won't collapse, and the rubber that is bonded to their outer diameter should ensure they don't leak and give an attractive appearance (I can coat them in black, blue, red, yellow, etc). In addition to my own testing, I'd like to give someone that has a similar setup to mine one of the prototype upper pieces.

I'll edit this post with pics later this evening.

If anyone wants a prototype, let me know. You can keep it, whether it works or not, but if it works well, I'll expect some details (what you think of the fit and finish, how much boost you put thru it, etc.)

·
Registered
584 Posts
It's only 2 inch but the outlet on my turbo and the intlet and outlet on my intercooler are 2 inch so it fits perfect! I have tons left too! If anyone could use some. If there is enough interest in this stuff I could go buy more and bring it to sdac

·
Legendary Driver
10,903 Posts
2.5" exhaust pipe with TB-airbox hoses off 3.0 mistu v6 mopars. Cut the hoses to the desired bends and intersect with pipe. Nice high flow 2.5" mandrel bends and usually a buck a hose at the j-yard. Exhaust pipe is a buck a foot as well. 5ft will plumb a cummins into a daytona or shadow so for $10 you've got some nice hose. The 3.0 hose will eventually bond itself to the pipe creating a seal that won't blow off easily at all. Great stuff for custom i/c lines.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
stampederunner said:
It's only 2 inch but the outlet on my turbo and the intlet and outlet on my intercooler are 2 inch so it fits perfect! I have tons left too! If anyone could use some. If there is enough interest in this stuff I could go buy more and bring it to sdac
Kick ass!! Could you ship me some?? I'm not going to SDAC unfortunately.....I'm in Indy BTW.
:thumb:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Una said:
I went with 2" on my setup too. Turbo is 2", both ends of the IC were 2", and with a heatgun, vaseline, and 3 guys we managed to shove it onto the TB. ;)
Cool, now you've got a 45mm TB! :rofl2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts