Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My powerloss light comes on but not everytime and the codes read the same when the light's on or off.the car still run's fine.When i start it and the light comes on if i restart it it will go off,but not alway's staying off.I have an 85 GLH 2.2 turbo here is what my codes are 15-23-33-44-55 which one of these codes would make my light come on? I have a list of the codes but is there any information to explain what to do for each code? Please Help..

·
Administrator
24,835 Posts
You always start with the lowest code # first as 1 code may cause another to set.
In this case you start with the 15 which is a vehicle speed sensor code.
Once the code 15 is corrected you will move to the next code if any are still present.
Without a scanner you will not know if the controller is seeing a signal from the VSS so you will have to check the connector mating and terminal intergrity at the VSS for damage, corrosion,pushout and you will have to check the wiring from the VSS to the Controller for an open or shorted condition. If all of the wiring checks ok replace the VSS.
The WT/OR (Signal Line)wire runs to LM Blue Conn. Cavity #14 and the BK/LB wire (Signal Ground) runs to LM Red Conn. Cavity # 25.
The Signal Ground is also used by the ACT,CTS and TPS and HEP.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts