Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1985 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo. Where is the part number located on the Power Module? How do I know if the one I found at the Junkyard will work on my car? The one I found was in a box of random electronic boxes and was not marked. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Both of my power modules (85 TBI Reliant and 86 Daytona) were marked in a very faint yellow. Looked like some kind of paint stamp, but very hard to see as the numbers have definitely faded over the years. Both were marked on top as viewed from their mounting locations on the inner fender.

Your p/n should be 5226766 and these are unique to the turbo cars. The Mopar remanufactured unit is p/n R5227808. Blue Streak/Standard Ignition part number EM766.

These are all available. If you need a PM I'd be leery about pulling one from a mystery box at the boneyard. Not that you're going to hurt anything, but why gamble and possibly waste your time? The Blue Streak part is $75 bucks from Rock Auto with the 5% discount code.

Why are you replacing? PMs are not generally known to go bad.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I am aware that RA has them but when I get to the yard JY, which is not too often, and find these I want to try and have a couple to have as spares. I can't find a part number.......I may just take mine off and physically look in the box and compare with the mystery one. thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts