Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
172 Posts
I repair these and sell them on eBay. On my test harness I have the black with white tracer (case ground), black with green tracer, and black with red tracer going to ground. I then have the solid red, solid orange, and solid white going to power. That should let you fully check it. If you can only get the date/time to display, then the buttons are bad. This is a common failure mode in the Navigators.

Chris

· Registered
172 Posts
I used the wiring diagram from the '88 service manual to wire things up on my test harness. Double check that you didn't mistakenly wire the white with orange tracer to power instead of the solid white. In my opinion, if you followed my instructions and can't get the display to work, then the nav is bad. I have fixed about 15 of these and used that test harness with no problems.

· Registered
1,407 Posts
I repair these and sell them on eBay. On my test harness I have the black with white tracer (case ground), black with green tracer, and black with red tracer going to ground. I then have the solid red, solid orange, and solid white going to power. That should let you fully check it. If you can only get the date/time to display, then the buttons are bad. This is a common failure mode in the Navigators.

Chris
What do you use for the buttons? Part numbers? Not trying to put you out of business:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.