Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will could i bolt an a568 to a pre 87 automatic motor assuming that i put the 6 bolt flywheel on??

im thinking that the crank might not have the hole machined in there for the pilot bearing

that being said.... would anyone happen to have a flywheel for me? lol

·
Administrator
25,739 Posts
Do not know alot about transmissions but my A568 does not use a pilot bearing, it is a machined fit between the input shaft and crank.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
will could i bolt an a568 to a pre 87 automatic motor assuming that i put the 6 bolt flywheel on??

im thinking that the crank might not have the hole machined in there for the pilot bearing

that being said.... would anyone happen to have a flywheel for me? lol
any 2.2/2.5 trans will fit any 2.2/2.5 engine. 1986 and 1987 uses the exact same flywheel bolt pattern as 1988-1995 2.2/2.5 none of the 2.2 or 2.5 FWD transmissions use a pilot bearing.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanks guys... haha i guess i banged my head off the frame on my f-150 enough times to think that everything used a pilot bearing... i hope that pig holds up having a trans out and in 3 effing times is to much...

BUT i think i remember reading that some cranks use a 6 bolt pattern and some use an 8 but the emphasis is on the word think...

anyway any issues to be expected switching it from auto to manual??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts