Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So before yesterday my car was running fine. No codes no nothing. Then yesterday I hop in the car and go to drive up the hill on my street. When I get to the very top of the hill the car died. I couldn't get it to restart so I flip around and coasted back home. I did get the car to restart when I got to the bottom of the hill again. It is now showing a code 34, a problem in my speed control circuit... I have no idea where to begin with this.

The only think I can think of that would change the way the car has been driving is tha ton my way home the night before I was driving down a road I don't normally drive down and I hit a rather large pothole going aobut 50 mph or so. Gave me a pretty good jolt. I was wondering if maybe it knocked my speed/distance sensor loose (It was the front right tire that hit the pot hole)? The speed sensor had been flashing codes previously, but when I fixed a loose ground all those codes went away and didn't come back. (code 15 I think? which isn't showing now)

I'm also afraid I may have damage my axle in some way, shape, or form... (yes it was my csx, no the fiberides were NOT damaged when I hit the pot-hole whatsoever:))

Any ideas at all? I haven't tried starting it again today but I will shortly when it warms up a bit outside (it snowed again here...stupid snow...)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also is there maybe a chance I knocked something else loose that would cause a no start/stall that may not be showing a code?

Any help is apreciated.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
The speed sensor would only effect it when coming to a stop. Code 34 just has to do with the cruise control solenoid. Is it cranking and just not firing?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 89 csx doesn't have cruise control. Code 34 on this car to the best of my knowledge is a speed control driver circuit problem. And I was coming to a stop, the road were extremely slippery and there is a yeild at the top of my street. So it did stall coming to a stop.

·
Registered
238 Posts
did you check that ground that you fixed that had been loose.... or for another one?? and does the computer know that cruise isnt installed (did they use a special computer or is it basicly the same computer as other vnt cars that could have had cruise installed) also what else is on the same circuit as cruise control??? or could it have knocked a vacuum line loose and thats making the odd code???

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
The 89 csx doesn't have cruise control. Code 34 on this car to the best of my knowledge is a speed control driver circuit problem. And I was coming to a stop, the road were extremely slippery and there is a yeild at the top of my street. So it did stall coming to a stop.
That's the only thing it could be Fault Code 34

The speed control circuit driver is part of the cruise control
Speed Control Servo - MiniMopar Resources

Ok if it did stall coming to a stop, then it very well could be the VSS, can you keep it alive by giving it a little gas(in neutral/clutch in on a manual, just give it a little gas on an auto). Mine does that too but I know my VSS is destroyed, just have to give it a little gas coming to a stop so the AIS has some time to open and keep it idling.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well initially after it stalled I couldn't even get it going again. Then I did manage to get it going about halfway back to my house (on a flat where the car stopped so I figured I'd try starting again so I didn't have to push.) When I got it to start it seemed like it wanted to stall, but I did manage to keep it alive by giving it some gas.

What should I do in that case?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
well initially after it stalled I couldn't even get it going again. Then I did manage to get it going about halfway back to my house (on a flat where the car stopped so I figured I'd try starting again so I didn't have to push.) When I got it to start it seemed like it wanted to stall, but I did manage to keep it alive by giving it some gas.

What should I do in that case?
Sounds like you have a fueling issue, do you have a way to test the fuel pressure? When was the last time the filter was replaced?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't have a way to test the fuel pressure until possibly thursday. I just went out and drove the car and it wasn't doing the same thing, which it did the last few times I drove. It did have a high idle a bit (but I think I might be able to take care of that...haven't tried just yet) and the power steering pump was beginning to squeal, which I've kinda been waiting for since it had been leaking, etc... I don't think any of this is related, but the stalling problem seems to magically have gone away... good and bad... I don't know. I'll have to wait and see if it picks back up.

I'm not sure when the filter was changed actually I just bought this car a week or two ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts