Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have replaced the transmission and have gone through the task of putting everything back together. Well the car starts.. But does not stay runnining and when the gas pedal is pressed it stalls... Any ideas ? The gas has been sitting in the tank I added 2 gallons of premium fuel to the tank. Now I don't have a pressure gauge but there is pressure in the fuel rail. I also hear a whining type noise Clutch ? Also oil pressure comes up right away.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Did you remove the flywheel? Maybe it's mis-aligned. How long has the fuel been sitting in the tank?

-Courtney

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I did remove the flywheel but the bolts on the wheel it's self are closer on one side so I know that it was put in the same way it was taken out. When I replace the clutch I torqued the bolts to 21ft-lbs and the disk was aligned. Gas could have been in there 5 months (car has been sitting)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First Code I recieved was 11 I has since reset the computer and have not recieved any codes except 12 which makes sense that is all of them. Now I know the vacume system is pretty poor looking could that be the cause ? I have a vac block and silicone tubing but did not want to go yanking everything out of there till I knew it ran.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes thank you for the response I was checking sensors (before I read reply) notices map sensor wire was broke off! well went to the local junk yard and picked up the connector for 5.00. Everything is running goos so far. It does seem without power I am going to check a few things also going to add injector cleaner and see if I can get some good gas in the tank it was mostly empty. The next hard part will be re-doing the vaccume lines.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
809 Posts
The vacuum lines are actually much easier than they appear and if you are going to own one of these cars the vacuum line routing will become embedded in your mind. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts