Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any suggested sites to get the PT lifter upgrade for the best price? Thanks.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I bought my PT-Lifters directly from Chrysler through work. I got 2 sets of 4 for about $70.00.

Then the shims I picked up at Gregg Distributors, I don't know if you have them out there but it was $0.18 for 20 of them...LOL

Law

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
I bought my PT-Lifters directly from Chrysler through work. I got 2 sets of 4 for about $70.00.

Then the shims I picked up at Gregg Distributors, I don't know if you have them out there but it was $0.18 for 20 of them...LOL

Law
you can't just go buy a 1/4" washer and plop it in there. The out side diameter needs to be right along with the thickness. Read the PT thread in the FAQ section and get Fasteners washers

·
Registered
297 Posts
I picked up the washers using the information from the thread.
I was going to suggest he get ahold of onerippinturbo2, but he will not ship to Canada.

Law

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
would be pretty bad if you had to big of a washer,

anyways check with Onerippinturbo (ED) and see if he has anymore PT lifters left he usually sells them in the parts for sale section for a great price, plus it helps him out instead of a billion dollar corporation

he may work with you on shipping, but thats not a guarantee

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
The north boarder is really racist about PT washers, 1 out of 4 sets makes it lol.

I am betting Fasteners can get them up there though.

·
Registered
297 Posts
The north boarder is really racist about PT washers, 1 out of 4 sets makes it lol.

BTW, I'm waiting to post in the "pt lifters/shims...Amen Pope, I believe!" thread but my car only made it about 600 Miles before the oil consumption took me out last year. I'm putting them in my replacement head when I get everything back together.

Law

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts

thats about right LOL

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
BTW, I'm waiting to post in the "pt lifters/shims...Amen Pope, I believe!" thread but my car only made it about 600 Miles before the oil consumption took me out last year. I'm putting them in my replacement head when I get everything back together.

Law
I noticed the down side to the PTs is they keep lash with 1 quart of oil in the engine. Where the stock lifters get totalled by low oil volume and warn you with noise the PTs don't. My sister in law tossed a rod in my 2.5 turbo mini, no noise at all. When I was driving it it got a leak and the oil was well off the stick, no noise.

In the past I never payed as much attention as the 2.2s give you a lot of warning, not with PTs. Part of the way they work is to trap oil more than let it pass through. But they don't bleed right off when you lose oil pressure though.

·
Super Moderator
6,975 Posts
the problem with shipping them to canada is the paperwork and the cost. i can ship these all day long in the u.s for under 7.00(with tracking info) but as soon as they cross the border, the shipping price is more like 20.00, with the amount of shipping it isnt cost effective for the northern brothers to buy them from me and no i wont eat the shipping and i wont sell them for less then i already sell the for( i sell for my garage discounted COST) and end up making nothing on them, all in an effort to help out the community ( how many other sellers here do that?)

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are a few dedicted TD'ers that make the site so great. These cars are so much fun especially with all the help, advice and know how on this site. There's a reason I've been a member for almost 10 yrs. I lost a little interest the last couple years with other hobbies etc, but ever time I fire up the TD and take it for a rip I always come home with a big grin on my face. The best part is you can make these cars go fast cheap. I'm now fortunate enough to have a few dollars to "invest" in my car and I think an intake is now the place to focus. I've got the S60 turbo 3" swingvalve, 3" downpipe etc, but I think my stock 2 piece with stock 46mm throttle is chocking the motor. My ported +1mm head should be enough to get me to low 13's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts