Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first car with traction control. Its doing great with all this New England weather! I got my PT the day after a BIG snow storm so I am anticipating warm summer cruising!-and a clean car for more than 1 day.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I've found that the Traction Control works well when you are driving normally on the road, such as starting from a stop sign or light. It seems to get in the way if you are parked on a very slick surface, such as an icy driveway or parking spot. In this case, a little controlled wheel-spin seems to work better than the Trac-Control. That's why I'm glad I have it, and that it has an "off" button. :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've never owned a car with traction control, but if I lived in snow country I would indeed have it on my car. I remember the days of driving in Wisconsin snow.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Welcome PTMom. Yes I have found it comes in handy here in the Northeast, 17 F here yesterday, snow coming again tomorrow? 8*

Glad you found us here at PTE, stop back often, lots of info and NICE people. :D

Mary

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Welcome to PTE PTMom!! Glad to hear your PT is doing well in the snow. You're not the only one who's wishing for cruisin' weather. ;) :)

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
:) Welcome PTMOM, great folks on this here forum. Traction control and abs are the best thing since sliced bread. !!

·
Registered
17,456 Posts
Welcome Mom to the PTE Familty!!

The great thing about the TRACtion control, is that you can actually turn it OFF when you want to.. I really wish the same could be done for ABS!..

I see that in 2003, the TRAC is an OPTION even with ABS!! You can get ABS with NO trac now, but not the reserse....

Welcome!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
i've never driven a car with traction contro. But, if it can help keep the shiny side up, then more power to it. I'd love to try a car fitted with it on a slick surface some day.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts