Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this story turns out to be bad for me. But here goes. My buddy has an 87 300zx turbo. Finally got the 3 liter built and in the car recently and the other day I went over to help him put in his intercooler and we ran all the hardpipes. He take it for a drive, I stayed at home and waited, (not fond of his driving) and he comes back telling me how great his car runs. (psi set at 13.) So I asked him if he wanted a shot at my Conquest. He says I think I can take you. I was like whatever. We went out and caught us a light leaving town. Light turns green we take off. I would say he probably jump me a bit on the take off but I quickly caught up and drove around him like he was nothing. But to make my point I stayed in it and was probably about a good 1000ft ahead when I let off. He quickly runs up behind me. Calls my phone and tells me that my car is smoking. So guess what.....I blew the seals out of my turbo. Damnit. My buddy did say he still has a long ways to go to keep up with me. :D Fyi: I have forged pistons, an 18g turbo running 21 psi and many other things done to my car. I knew he would loose but didn't realize what it was gonna cost me. LOL......back to the shop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts