Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am doing a DOHC swap on a 2.5 CB dekota motor with 2.5L CB TI pistons. my question is will a 2.4L neon head work or does it have to be a 2.0 head? i have a 2.4 motor that came out a 98 neon that i found at a junk yard that was rear ended.. from what i can tell the motors fine it ran when pulled so i know its good...i'm more than able to make stuff like oil lines and stuff like that.. and its going in my omni after i make it RWD so the only thing i might need to make is the alt braket..

thanks in advanced turbomini!

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i know its a 2.4L i'm guessing on the year becuse i couldnt really tell its wrecked pretty bad, i am probly wrong becuse i picked it up after it was pulled i herd it run over the phone. i saw the car but it was getting moved so i couldnt tell the year.. but will a 2.4L head fit on a 2.5CB?

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i know its a 2.4L i'm guessing on the year/car modle becuse i couldnt really tell its wrecked pretty bad, i am probly wrong becuse i picked it up after it was pulled i herd it run over the phone. i saw the car but it was getting moved so i couldnt tell the year or car modle.. but will a 2.4L head fit on a 2.5CB?

·
Registered
337 Posts
I need a little humor today. Other than the water inlet on the head being where it is, can the head be reversed end for end. In other words, run the exhaust up front. Just a coriosity thing.

John O.
Crete, Ne.

·
Registered
538 Posts
You might be able to use a neon head on an avenger except for the thermostat being on the wrong side. You'd have to switch the end plug for the camshaft to the other side.

Oil supply and drain would need to be fabbed up like any other hybrid.

·
Registered
252 Posts
slow this down a lil bit. haha! i am really hoping htat i am reading this and taking this the wrong way but if your asking if you can turn the head around on the block i would say now without some very expensive machine work. can gears still have to run off the "front" of the block. but as i am typeing this it hit me. the head does already have a cut out on the rear side of the head, could you take that out and just turn over your cams? i dunno? i think it would just be easier to get a avenger head and now you know its right and wont have to fool with it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Ya, it hit me too, I was looking at the 2.0 head and intake I have and just had a hunch. The setup I have has the drive pullies on the passanger side, as well as the water inlet(at least I think it is, it was given to me, I never saw it on the car it came off of). Not trying to hyjack turbomini's thread, just curious. I thought if a guy took the battery out of the engine compartment, making more room for a turbo and waste gate than any stock setup, the plumbing would be, well, lengthy but relatively straight forward. The intake is pretty much just...there. The turbo, wategate and the oil lines,etc. require more elbow room.

John O.
Crete, Ne.

·
Registered
337 Posts
There's a Sticky near the top of this Forum called "General Information...........etc. Basically a parts list on doing this conversion. I checked it out before pecking this post, it seems pretty comprehensive. One of the biggest hurdles is the distributor, but someone is making adaptors as we write. The idler pulley is another tricky one, not sure if they are being made or not. But check out the Sticky and I think you will have all your hybrid questions, answered.
I am considering pulling the motor out of CSX VNT, getting another 2.2 for it, and doing the same conversion. I don't want to alter the car perminantly, just have a little fun. I already sent the turbo to FWD for rebuild and modification(upgraded to larger compressor AR).

John O.
Crete, Ne.

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i'm not doing a dak i'm making my omni RWD. and i cant find a dak in good shape.. but i dont have a trans or anything like that to do a 2.4 swap. or i would! but i already have the supra trans comming and the clutch ordered.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts