Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and I can't see exactly which spark plug people are using I'm assuming it's the neon one but I wanted to double check before I went out and bought a set :bash:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the excellent tip Russ...I'm going to do that I always assumed when you said that that the only posts on here just went that far back *doh*

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I use NGK in my SRT4 and that is what I plan to use on my hybrid once it's up and running. The stock neon plug is too hot. My SRT4 would break up in the upper rpm's with the stock plugs. I have NGK now and problem solved.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Post resurrect alert!

Does anybody have the NGK part number for the colder plug? I'm using a 1998 2.4 head. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Stock neon is(look on neons.org for info)
NGK: BKR6ES or BKR6E
Bosch: 7527
ACDelco: 41-602
Denso: K20PR-U
Autolite: AP3923

Colder v power:$2 each
1 step BKR7E

Colder Iridum:$7 each
2 steps BKR8EIX
3 steps BKR9EIX

·
Registered
894 Posts
At this step, i will look the ground strap to see if the heat range is ok.
I have a set BKR6ES and look like it's too hot plug, ground strap is all colored, can't see the timing mark...it's time for colder one.

Read it and let me know your result.

Guillaume

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Resurrect again.

I've been using the BKR7E in my car. 2.4L, stock SRT turbo, 17psi, 93 octane only. They burned up in about 2500 miles, so I'll be upgrading to the BKR8EIX soon. I'm running the BKR6EIX in my Neon and they have been an excellent plug so far (65k miles).

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Hey I've been using the 9EIX plugs, but they are expensive and I know one 10 second 2.4 that loves the NGK race plugs(copper). You wont find much info on these anywhere, even neons.org, they cost slightly more then the 7E's but you can get the colder range and they have a less protrusive ground strap. Here is the 9 range for the race plugs:NGK-9 v-power... R5671A-9 the 4 digit number that helps look them up is(5238). They also have the "8" heat range and the number is (4554)

They are non resistor and may foul quicker then IX plugs

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Good info! I'm looking for something in the "8" heat range. I'm not planning on pushing big boost, at least not with a stock SRT turbo (I still can't find the damn compressor map for that turbo). Maybe more boost will come if I can get my brother to weld up a manifold for me to use my old Garrett T3. For now, one more heat range colder from the BKR7E should be just what this engine needs.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Anything new about plugs lately? Finally looking to do the 2.4 swap on mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts