1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part#'s for 2.2L VNT Radiator.

Mopar: 4401674
Valeo: 5002898/1105

Both #'s are discontinued, Valeo # is from an old catalog with old numbering system and neither # will cross reference to a correct application in any new after-market catalog. If anyone has this radiator or knows how to locate it, please let me know. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the link to the thread. I have read the thread and it was very helpful. I have sent an e-mail to Rick Diogo and I am working with my local radiator shop, based on the information provided in the thread. However, I am having no luck locating the radiator. I was hoping that someone on the forum may have the radiator or know someone who does. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ok, this may be a dumb post but I also have a 90 Daytona shelby with a vnt and although I haven't done it yet, before I put my engine back in I want to replace the radiator too so I'm glad this was brought up...

I found a radiator on the napa website, #NR883, will this not work?

It's also only $114... Any thoughts anyone would have on this would be helpful because I was planning on buying this for my car and if it won't work or isn't recommended for some reason it would be good to know before hand...

Oh, and for what it's worth, mine is the Dodge version not the Chrysler but I doubt that makes a difference.

thanks!

·
Administrator
25,739 Posts
If you look at the pictures on the web page you will see the rads are not the same, on the VNT rad the intercooler bolts to the L/S (driver) of the rad and supports the rad on that side. I went thru this last march and the rad is not even listed in new rad catalogs at rad shops. My guy found an old paper catalog from the 90's to get the Valeo # and called around to shops he knew and found one sitting on a shelf in N.Y state, cost was $280.00 with UPS overnight shipping.
Considering the amount of VNT's that were manufactured it is amazing any are still available.
My last option if I could not find one (luckily I did) was to have a custom Aluminum rad made at a speed shop that specializies in race radiators.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I bought one of Rick Diogo's units back in January of last year and installed it in August 07 into my T2 90 Daytona Shelby; however, I parked the car in September after I found another car for the purpose of a daily driver and pulled the VNT radiator back out since I parked the car. It was only lightly used for a month and is still in brand new condition. Email me privately at [email protected] if you would like to purchase it from me. I'm wanting $25 less than what I paid for it for the simple fact I did use it for a month but it is still in brand new condition. LMK!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ok, that's good to know.

The radiator is still in my car, so I haven't had the chance to get to know what it looks like "on the outside" so to speak. I've just looked at it quickly from the front and top.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have a brand new Mopar 4401674 radiator and the intercooler that goes with it sitting in my basement. I'm looking for $350 for both plus shipping. Let me know if you are interested.
Thanks,
Frank H

1 - 9 of 9 Posts