Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day my radiator fan quit working on my 87 shelby z. I replaced the 4 prong relay, which they had at autozone. The other 6 prong, I have to order. I am getting power to the fan plug if I pull the CTS until I hook up the fan motor, then it drops to 0. I pulled the cover off the 6 prong and cleaned it up. It is engaging, I pulled the cts while the cover was off the relay and it made contact. I just dont get why the fan isnt coming on. It fires right up if I hook it to the battery. I did a search, and couldnt find anything of help.
Ideas? Thoughts? lol
Thanks in advance. :thumb:

·
Administrator
25,731 Posts
Be sure you have your 2 power inputs at the relay and that the ground is there when the fan is actuated.Check to be sure there is actually power out of the relay.If any of the above are missing repair the wiring as needed.If there is power out of the relay check for power at the black connector at the rear of the battery (power in from relay and out to fan),repair as necassary. If there is power out at the connector but not at the fan check the output wire for an open. The ground is located at the upper left of engine.
Wiring diagram will be posted later this evening.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks much! :thumb: got it all figured out. It was a ground/power made in 1987 problem. lol Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts