Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bang head I just got a 90 Spirit es with the infinity radio. I tossed my sony CD player in and when I have the tuner on its great but when I pop in a cd all I get are highs no mids at all. any ideas I did hook up the green single wire to the ground like it was. And the player is perfect came out of my dakota when I got rid of it 2 weeks ago.

· Registered
140 Posts
This is a fairly common issue. What's going on is, the Infinity amps turn on with the power antenna wire. If the new deck has a seperate remote amp and power antenna feed, you just need to connect the remote amp turn on feed to the power antenna wire on the car. That way, the Infinity amps will be on all the time.

As it is, you've likely connected the power antenna feed on the deck, which only gets power with the tuner on, to the power antenna wire on the factory harness which wants 12V power all the time while the head unit's on for the Infinity amps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.