1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
898 Posts
that almost looks like a 2 din, i think our factory ones are 1.5, and common aftermarket ones are 1 din. i think theres a lot of wires there too, but idk?

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. it does look bigger. I think the radios like what are in 1999-2005 models are 1.5 din, but the round shape wouldn't look right.

·
Registered
140 Posts
They'll work electrically with the help of adaptors you can get at a dealer, but physically you'll need to do some hacking and cutting to get them to fit.

I just went aftermarket - way easier :)

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah. I think i might. There's a nice pioneer i'm looking at. And since it's 1 din, i'll get a nice little cubby hole to store a cd or something

·
Registered
751 Posts
1g and i believe 2g neon radios fit perfectly, same with the connectors. Exactly the same...ive found ALOT of common items among the neons and daytonas...

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that's good to know.

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
I have a couple older radios in my cars. Nothin that new though. I put an 01 in my old tona. IT fit fine.

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah that's what I was hoping. I want a CD/Cassette like what came in the early 00's caravans

·
Registered
751 Posts
I think the stratus and the jeep were the only ones with a different bolt up pattern than the daytona/neon pattern.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
just about any radio from any 1980 to 2000 mopar will work. They will all plug up it just a few do have a differant mount. So if you go looking for factory radios just make sure the mounting ears are right. I think I remember when I was looking for factory radios on ebay a few years ago that MOST of the ones I saw with the wrong ears were listed as jeep units.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you want to find a cd player look for one from an early 90s dodge dakota. I only had cassette in my car and my dad bought one off of ebay. This was definately plug and play. All the connections were exactly the same, even the bolt holes lined right up. The bezel also fit perfectly around the radio. I had a good laugh because it was so simple.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Just get an aftermarket. I always love the Chrysler/GM fit Pioneer units. Great power!

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, although i'm a fan of sony myself. I like the look. I just figured a good factory radio would be cheaper, as I myself am quite cheap

·
Registered
751 Posts
I gotta check the wiring and make sure everything still works but I have a 2k+ Pioneer DEH-1600 headunit Ill sell u for like $30(+shipping)?

·
We'll do it live!
7,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's an amazing deal. Why are you selling it?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah that's what I was hoping. I want a CD/Cassette like what came in the early 00's caravans
Unless you really must have the RDS features the newer round face ones offer, just grab an older rectangular style combo deck. They're all over eBay. They were introduced in '95 or so, and are plug and play except for the cloud cars and some Jeeps which had different mounting points.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts