Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, alittle new at this. Looking for help.

I have a 93 Daytona 2.5 Tbi. I want to do a ram air type setup to help with the breathing. But I'm not sure how to go about doing it.

Here's a picture of what I got now.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Omni airbox gutted with a K&N filter.

Do I get a v6 bottom and run a pipe from the radi support to the intake? Will there be a water issue in rain? Also doing this will stop the ECU from having air drawn through it. Will this create a problem with heat. I live in Georgia where it gets very hot and humid in the summers.

If it does create an issue, Can I try it this way. Run a pipe from the front clip to the ECU inlet and then a pipe from the ECU outlet to the airbox. Again will water/rain be an issue? and if so, How do I combat the problem.

Whats your take?

Just alittle worried, don't want to damage the car.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
when i had my spirit 3.0 v6, I used that black flex hose and bought another section of it, ran it dun to the front frame(lower core suport, basically straight over the trans to nder the radiator) and connect a funnel that i cut the small end off(so it was the same size as the hose) , then duct taped it to the hose , I zip tied it to the hoses in the frame/coresupport.

At the strip back to back, I ran consistent 16.2x w/o it and then 15.7x with it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts