Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming home from work I see this late 90's ram 1500 pull on to the road and stomp on it. I hear his dual 3" flowmaster sounding mufflers just roaring. Probably had a 3-4" lift with appropriately sized tires. nothing huge. I end up right behind him getting on the freeway in my totally stock +200,000 mile '89 Accord SE-i automatic. The ramp opens to 3 lanes and I punch it and swing up along side of him and hear his loudness shake me to the bone just as my door was to his front tire. But I manage to keep pulling on him( I waved good bye like a dork) just enough to get completely ahead of him with in about 50-60yrds then the ramp goes back down to one lane.:D
Sorry, I didn't mean to beat him... well that's a lie... but I certainly didn't expect to win. Though I was sad for the dodge I couldn't help but be a little proud of the Old Beater. I only keep it around because I'm too hard on my lebaron too often.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Generally thats how a lot of big truck guys are. They like to make a lot of noise and not actually go fast. I bet with that lift and big tires hes never actually taken it off road either. People like that complain about gas prices, and I laugh at them.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya it makes no sense to lift a daily driven street truck. just makes their economy even worse meanwhile I'm sipping 30+ mpg and still beat 'em

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
funny,,, I just smoked an Accord with my 93 Cummins tonight... lol

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
Ya our 98 5 speed is pretty quick
Good job on the win =)
The 89 accord that my dad drove for a bit (he switches cars every couple a weeks as we get newer cars in the yard) That sucker was so gutless he had it floored to make it up the hills on i70. You must have a ringer =)

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
Ya our 98 5 speed is pretty quick
Good job on the win =)
The 89 accord that my dad drove for a bit (he switches cars every couple a weeks as we get newer cars in the yard) That sucker was so gutless he had it floored to make it up the hills on i70. You must have a ringer =)
My 93 has a 16cm turbine, faster spool and 10+ PSI more boost. Then it has the 60 HP / 100 ft lb marine injectors. 2 turns more fuel, K&N and a straight through muffler. It is faster than the 24v 6 speed I drove last year, when I was considering trading it.

the 2000 range Accords run a ton better and have a V6. The UK Accord type R had a H22 with a header, ran 15s :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mine has the 120 hp fuel injected 2 liter A20a. SE-i was top of the line in '89 for the accord. power everything 4 wheel disc brakes and cup holders:thumb: an ya I know all too well that deisles can be made into bad nasty machines pretty easily just like our TD's. I've been beat by a few cummins and duramax's in my baron.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I have a completly stock 07 Accord with the V-6. It is a nice family car and I can not believe the amount of ricers that try to race me! I have to just laugh. The car runs very well but with the auto in it the V-tech seems useless. I can feel it kick in but like 2 seconds after that it will shift. Never tried manually jamin the gears, I bet the manuals have a way better power range, but the wife will not touch a manual. Like I said it was bought for fuel economy/resale value/reliability, not to race!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Most lifted trucks are slower than stock. They never seem to realize that taller tires INCREASES the effective gearing, which hurts acceleration. Around here, the higher it's lifted, the LESS likely it is that they've changed the gearing, added lockers, or done anything to make the truck a REAL off-roader. Real trail dawgs know about what a high CG does to you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts