Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search but need some more info.Looking at swapping the 4 lug setup from my 84 rampage to a 5 lug with 15 inch wheels.I have a 85 turbo dayona to use for my donor.Will this be a straight forward swap or will there be problems?Not sure if I only need to swap front spindles or if it is more complex than that.First venture into the FWD world so forgive my ignorance.Looking at a 2.2 turbo swap in the future as well.cool :D

·
Registered
288 Posts
this has been covered many times before. please use the search option.

the L-bodies have unique spindles/hubs. the spot where the struts bolt to is wider. the easiest way would be to get 5 bolt L-body spindles.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Buy new 5-lug hubs and new bearings. Press out the old 4-lug ones and press in the new ones. Install new 5-lug rotors and wheels and get on with life.

You can press the Daytona units into place I believe, but I don't know for sure. The way I described it above will work and you'll have new parts.

If you're feeling adventurous you can use the Daytona front suspension (control arms, uprights and struts) on the Rampage. However you'd need to use adjustable coil-overs to get it to site right and of course you'd need Omni upper strut mounts on the Daytona struts.

For the Rear, the Daytona drum brakes are a direct bolt-in. Make sure to grab the e-brake cables off the Daytona.

This was covered (by me) in an SDAC Newsletter a while back as well.

·
Registered
285 Posts
5 bolt hub on Rampage

Go down to this thread which is only a few below. It has some of the better information for doing this that I have seen.

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47908
70w30 said:
Did a search but need some more info.Looking at swapping the 4 lug setup from my 84 rampage to a 5 lug with 15 inch wheels.I have a 85 turbo dayona to use for my donor.Will this be a straight forward swap or will there be problems?Not sure if I only need to swap front spindles or if it is more complex than that.First venture into the FWD world so forgive my ignorance.Looking at a 2.2 turbo swap in the future as well.cool :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts