Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a wild idea in my head to relocate my battery to behind my seat, vented to the outside thru the floor. I want more area in the front fender sections to handle some of the mods I am considering. Of course I will use oversize welding cable for the runs, so voltage drop is not an issue. I will rig up the existing posts on insulators so they all stays the same. As I sit here in a cast in my wheelchair I am just wondering and wondering.......I am an electronics tech so I see no issues, and I spent 10 years as a RV tech and have seen many batteries in living quarters so if it is sealed and properly vented gassing is a non issue. So have any of you thought about this or done it?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I like the idea of moving batt. to pass. side on my 82 rampage as I removed the w/s wiper tank and have lots of room. where it is now it is in the way of every thing, can't hardly get the radiator cap on and off. never thought of doing this. good idea.

·
Registered
13,458 Posts
I didn't want to bother with an external cut off switch for the track so I made a tray and use a lawn battery in my Omni.
You guys are lucky that Rampage have a longer nose, my intercooler would fit much better in a Rampage than Omni.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts