Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1984 Dodge Rampage, 2.2L, 5spd man, no A/C.

Both K&N's website as well as Amazon don't seems to recognize the Rampage stock K&N air filter replacement. So I ran it as a 1984 Dodge Omni instead. K&N 33-2006 should be the one correct?

Worth the $30 bucks? I mean I know they are guarenteed for life, but do they really last that long (never used before). Any power gain really? With 96 ponies, I suppose even 1 or 2 hp would be beneficial.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have a drop in for my daytona, not sure if its in the mind or not but i do feel like the only thing better than the K&N is no filter, but thats terrible for your car. K&N also says it wont fit my car but i used an alternative and it fat perfectly. If omnis and rampages have the same dimensions i would recommend spending 30 bucks on a lifetime product that is also beneficial to your car.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
the rampage K/N filter will fit a omni as they had the same carb intake setup and i had K/N filters on all my cars, a few of them had K/N cone filters on them and they worked and you can feel a little bit of difference

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
they stoped makeing them but if you can find an accel power filter grab it

they are made of foam and give a bit better feel than the k&n when you use the happy peddel

google seven saturdays - they may still have them - I know they won't ship up here to me but you may get lucky

every k&n I ever pulled at the scrapyard - when I hold em up to the light I can see the light shine through where the folds in the filter element are 'cause all the filter material was gone at the folds

million miles my azz

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
i thought they still make them as not to long ago i came across one for my turismo, but decided against it as i have a direct mount air cleaner on my weber

heres the link for the carb filter for a turismo, it says 1.6 but they are the same

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=33-2006

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Little late to the party, but I found the Accel filter for $14 and scooped it up. I figured if it's reusable that isn't too bad. Everything I've come across says good things about them.

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
Nick , a little advice I learned the hard way

get a piece of metal meash with holes big enoughnot to obstruct air flow through the opening in the rad cradle but small enough to keep the mice out

I went out to work on my car a couple years back , pulled the air cleaner box only to find the filter shredded and a nice comfie nest in the box

took 2 years to get to the point where the one in the link above is mine now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts