Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone :hello2: My name is Robinson and I live here in South Florida. I currently drive a PT Cruiser but I need it transported out of state. Does anyone know of a good rate calculator I could use in order to do so? Any help would be much appreciated. :p Thanks everyone!

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
Welcome to TD!

I would find some one in the car business that can bid on shipment. Haulers get there normal tow and then bid out for extra room. So if the regular guy has a 6 car hauler and 5 cars he'll add yours for $300. That is not un common. I also like the smaller independent guys too, these big company's are crooks and there drivers are worse. A couple years ago a large shipper hauled my dads 340 Cuda to California and it too 3 weeks. When it got there the engine was blown.

I would look up reputations online of any company your talking to. Rates are different for each shipper I find as well.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
try uship.com
you put in what you have, where it is and where it is going and people bid to ship it. if you do take a bid make sure it is from an actual shipper and not a broker, a broker will under bid to get the shop but when he finds no one to take the load they tell you oh well, we can't do it, leaving you to find another shipper, all the while your car is still sitting. I have had good luck, and have shipped about 10 cars this way over the last few years..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts