Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know if this can be done ????

If so, RUBY will be getting converted over.

Best Regards
BIG PSI

·
Registered
196 Posts
Looked into it. The spindles on the van rear axle are MUCH beefier and larger than passenger car units, and also have a larger bolt pattern.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
you can use the rear spindels and hubs from a daytona or shadow or what not. BUT big but here........ you have to have the hubs redrilled because the boltpattern for the hubs on a mini are larger and the hubs need to be redrilled to fit correctly. there was a thread on this where simon AKA turbovanman was having this done. i had a friend do it and it turned out quite nicely.

BIG PSI said:
I just wanted to know if this can be done ????

If so, RUBY will be getting converted over.

Best Regards
BIG PSI

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Perhaps later Caravan/Voyager came with rear discs that would bolt on? Something else to look into at least...

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some MINIs have a 5 x 100 mm bolt pattern as RUBY. But others have a 5 x 114.5mm like in my old 90 Caravan ES with a 3.0 V-6 and the 4-spd auto trans. I will do more research.

Best Regards
BIG PSI

·
Registered
196 Posts
It's not so much the wheel bolt pattern on the early ones, but, as stated above, the difference in how the spindles themselves bolt to the axle.
Anybody know if Simon was successful? I know that it's pretty involved to redrill a spindle. Very exact process.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts