Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what year did the shadow start using a rear disc, 89+ or 90+?
what all do i need besides the complete rear axel setup? do i need the the whole master cyl and prop. valve setup too?

i did a swap on my glht using a 90' and the master cyl/prop. valve too, just not sure about the p body.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
find an 89+ car with the solid (rotor) rear disc brakes. also grab the prop valve. additionally you will want a 24mm m/c. if the car donating the brakes doesn't have it, you will be sure to find it on a dynasty, caravan and most high performance models w/ 4 wheel disc!

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
if you want to upgrade the front to match the rear disc (but be able to use 14" wheels which the solid rear disc allows also) grab the stuff off a caravan or dynasty!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Which cars have proportioning valves? Only turbo cars? Shelby? How likely is it I would find one in a junkyard and where specifically are they? Thanks

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
capev86 said:
if you want to upgrade the front to match the rear disc (but be able to use 14" wheels which the solid rear disc allows also) grab the stuff off a caravan or dynasty!

just the spindles, calipers and rotors right? is the dynasty and van 10.25" or 11"?
oh yeah i will only be running 15"+
if i need the spindles will this change the geometry of the wheels and halfshafts? and i can use this on the stock 88 k frame too right?

thanks, my ultimate goal is for this shadow to handle and stop like no other, i will eventually do the newer k frame swap with all energy suspension and moog componets.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
You'll also need the hard brake lines in the rear, unless you plan to bend your own lines, or to make your own rubber hoses. The drum lines go below the axle, and the rubber part of the line comes from below, into the top of the backing plate. The disc lines go to the front of the axle, and the rubber line curves over the top into the caliper.

Check the larger cars too, I got my hard lines from a turbo Spirit. The lines on the Daytonas, LeBarons, and all the EEK cars are the same. Even the Imperial used the same line setup!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts