Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a REAR five lug hub. Why are only front hubs available online? Unsure of which hub part number is needed. Research showed the 4383587 hub and drum assembly, however, that one doesn't look right. Mine appears as if the hub and drum are separate pieces. Car has drum brakes, no ABS. Believe the correct part number is 4383492. Plymouth Acclaim, Chrysler LeBaron, and possibly other makes and models would work. Car has less than 80k original miles, so would like to fix it. Age of the car makes it a challenge. Dodge dealerships said the part number would be 4383587, pics online do not match what I have. OReilly's unable to help. Numerous online chats with auto parts stores, provided no assistance, they only have front hubs. Local salvage yards have been of no help. If you have information that could help me find a replacement, it would be greatly appreciated. Pictures attached. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Welcome!!

Looks correct in this link as item # 2 but pricey if even available new.

You will probably have to get a used one but that shouldn't be difficult.

Parts that rarely wear out are often not available as used are available.

I'm thinking any 5 bolt rear hub from a 1990-95 2.2/2/5/3.0 FWD car fits.

EG: Acclaim, Daytona, LeBaron, Shadow, Spirit, but not Dynasty.

The attached link lets one try various models to check interchangeability.

Inner and outer rear bearings appear the same through the above years.

The 5 on 100 mm bolt circle is also the same for the above years.

If anyone can confirm or deny this feel free to do so!

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
1989 Dodge Shadow 2.5 non turbo 3 speed automatic
21 Posts
I would say your best bet is to find one at a junk yard and pull them of a similarly optioned car. Why are yours all cut up on the inside?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I saw a hub in my storage unit last weekend while I was cleaning it out. I know it would be off my old '89 LeBaron GTC, but not absolutely sure it was a rear hub or if it would work.

Give me a day or two and I will see if I can round it up and verify what it is. It might need bearing races and a seal, though.

No promises that it works. But if it does, pay for shipping and it is yours.

·
Registered
1989 Dodge Shadow 2.5 non turbo 3 speed automatic
21 Posts
Looks like it spun a bearing and wore through the hub itself.
To me it looks more like he tried to cut it in half with a grinder or hax saw.

When I did the bearings on my shadow the outer race was cracked in half but you couldn’t tell until it was pressed out and there were 2 pieces on the floor.
E98F6E43-E146-4CD2-8265-A28A7748095D.jpeg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like it spun a bearing and wore through the hub itself.
Correct. Kept changing the outer bearings, as they kept blowing. Even took it to the shop for a mechanic to look at, since I had changed them myself a few times. They didn't see that the inner bearings had blown either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts