Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a way to add a rear sway bar, or at least ad some support to the rear axle, but did not want to lose any ground clearance like you do with the typical bolt on rear sway bars that mount underneath the rear axle. I love those and works great on my Spirit, but this is for my lifted Aries wagon and loving to ride on the 2-track trails, ground clearance is important on this build. Anyway I was searching the internet for some pics of adjustable suspension links hoping to find a pic of something I thought I could make work and I did! Rear inner/outer tie rod assemblies from an AWD Rendezvous/Aztec/Uplander. The front stud ends are a ball/socket type end that I mounted in the holes where E-brake cables used to mount and for now just ran 2-3/4” exhaust clamps through the rear bushing ends and around the axle, only because they wouldn’t line up flat against the side of the lower inner spring seat walls(was going to run bolts through). So I think I’m gonna ditch the exhaust clamps and bolt on some brackets to the axle and mount the bushings horizontally as intended.
Just want some feedback, tell me what you guys think!

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts