Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im starting to get a little frustated.
the car seemed to slip really bad when I bought It.

We rebuilt the trans and it drove fine fixed some other stuff and it finally saw the road today

Well I put on a whopping 34 miles on her today and on my final mile home she slipped once real bad. Did not do it anyother time all day but the one time.

Any ideas on what it could be?

I am at a loss for words ATM.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi
is your throttle psi cable / kickdown adjusted properly ?

what did you find wrong with the trans when you rebuilt it ?

did you do any mods when you rebuilt it ?

what fluid are you using ?

what type of clutches did you use ?

exactly when is it slipping , when in a gear or when shifting ?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I don't know much about trannys(except to stay away at the downtown corners :p)
My guess would be you had an air pocket in there somewhere and now hopefully is gone.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"check the fluid level if its still slips take it back to who rebuiilt it"

will do, but it was rebuilt by myself and my father, not a "my first rebuild" kinda project.

"is your throttle psi cable / kickdown adjusted properly ?"

i guess that this will be my second check point, i do lelieve the kickdown was re hooked up in the same spot but i may need to adjust it.

"what did you find wrong with the trans when you rebuilt it ?"

The clutches just seemed very work and somewhat burned, possibly from kickdown/psi now that i thinnk about it

"did you do any mods when you rebuilt it ?"

car is stock AFAIK, trans mods - none, engine mods nothing drastic

"what fluid are you using ?"
Valvoline Synthetic ATF

"what type of clutches did you use ?"
i will have to check it was one step up from stock rebuild kit from a local HP trans shop

"exactly when is it slipping , when in a gear or when shifting ?"
in gear is when i feel it, but it does seem to lazily shift, not like it works but it seems like there is a lot of overlap from 1-2 and 2-3 i cant really explain this better ATM

"My guess would be you had an air pocket in there somewhere and now hopefully is gone."
i hope so too =(

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I remember reading that the kickdown assembly is made up of two shafts that sometimes seize together so make sure this is not the case at the tranny.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"is your throttle psi cable / kickdown adjusted properly ?"

it is hooked up the same way as i took it off, it honestly does not seem like it has that much adjustment

what fluid are you using ?
The Synthetic Fluid is full, check when hot in park on a flat serface

exactly when is it slipping , when in a gear or when shifting ?
i took it out again today for a little drive, and in 25 miles of mostly stop and go it only slipped once

·
Registered
667 Posts
Well the kickdown DOES have a lot of adjustment. I remember disconnecting it one day, slipperageorama. that's before i started running a RMVB, but anywho, it could be your issue.

Next step would be to connect a pressure gauge to the various ports on the trans, see if it's all good. Hope you gapped the clutchpacks tight.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
also first gear seems to shift late when not under much load but 2-3 seems early, if the kickdown was out fo sync wouldnt it be al late or all early?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts