Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to make a quick post . I get to spend the next 3 weeks recovering from a Hernia repair on Friday. All went well but still hurts a bit. But this will give me some time to do some things for the
Meet Me in St. Louis event. And hopefully I will feel ok enough after next week to install my neons or work on my new theme / display for this years events CTF3, the Farmer City show , and Meet Me in St.Louis. Plus I am trying to get my 12 and a half year old LAB/Shepard Mix through this winter. Arthritis has got to her and she is having more bad days than good lately. I was hoping to get into spring and warmer weather but don't know now.So I have to decide
this next week or 2 what to do. Hope everyone one the East coast
gets through the blizzard thats happening. Hoping for spring soon.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Glenn....

Glad to hear you are out of surgery and recovering... Enjoy your time off and get some rest... Hope you're up and about real soon.

;)

By the way, thanks for emailing and offering to help with the Meet Me In St. Louis Event...

:)

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Glenn,

Been there, done that.
Message to self..... "never carry a sofa up a flight of stairs by yourself."

5 weeks off work and $8200 later, I felt better again.

Mine was an Oblique Inguinal Hernia, the rare one that you cannot see from the outside.

Your next few days will be filled with new experiences.
Sleeping with an ice pack in your joy department is a challenge.

Deciding between Darvocet and Vicodin is tough...... what the hell... take 'em both!

I walked so slow that I'd pack a snack to get the mail.
8o :\

Good luck!

ps: beware of E-Bay when you're medicated! It can be dangerous.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks All Mine was a left Inguinal hernia had been putting up with it for a while but decided to take care of it so I can enjoy the spring.
I got pergocet / oxycodine but have only taken a couple they make me queesy.So ice packs and Advil are it for me. That and taking it easy. :) :)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Get better soon Glenn, sorry to hear about your dog too. It's real hard to part with an old friend but I'm sure you will know when the time is right

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Oh, oxycodine, my favorite. Had ruptured disc surgery in November. Doc gave me rx for oxycodine. Don't know if the pain was gone from the surgery, I just know I wasn't in any pain anywhere. Had really weird dreams though. Glad you are feeling better. |)

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
PT Glenn I hope you feel better soon.. Take it easy and follow Dr.'s orders...

If you need the pergocet / oxycodine try breaking them in half, if you can. I have never taken the meds you mention.. take half and in a hour take the other half if you feel you need it... It worked for me with vicodin when I busted my wrist a couple years back... Kept the pain and quesy stomach at bay... Milk/food can sometimes help too..

And I hope your baby girl Lab/Shepard has lots more good days... I bet she is glad to have you around though... More hugs more petting time... :)

·
Registered
17,456 Posts
GET WELL (or weller) SOON!!

:D

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Sorry to hear about you dog...... I've been down that road and it is not an easy decision to make. I have also been down the hernia road, and I can't remember it.. I was only two

1 - 18 of 18 Posts