Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used Pearlflash on the interior, and also have it for on the rear for a logo (since I haven't one with being a stripped out model at birth). Have it for the windsheild too, but not on yet.

Anyhow, I'm not sure if I want the pearlflash for my flames or not. I like the look in some ways...but think more than touches of it would look chinzy.

Talked to Streamline about having black flames outlined in the pearlflash, and they sent me a sample....but just not too sure about that either.

THEN... I came across a place that has a flame design I like even better than those at Streamline. I could even get the design in regular black outlined in refective blue. Now that sounds cool...especially at night! Still waiting for my sample to arrive.

If it looks even half as good as I think it will, I'm going to go with that for not only my flames, but also for the windshield.

Since my cruiser has the black bumpers, black trim outside, and I've had the windows tinted (as dark as they'd let me), I think she'll definately look "little bit bad"

Tell me what you think? Cool....or ?????.....or downright yucky?

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Personally I like the Pearlflash, that is what I have. Why would you want to change? I am wanting to add Pearlflash to the hood of my PT and put some on the passenger airbag cover.
Just my opinion but I would stick with the Pearlflash.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pearlflash didn't look as good as I'd hoped, probably because you could see the silver more than anything else. I'm sure on a silver car it would be awesome as the silver part would basically blend in, with only the pearl catching your eye. Just didn't do that against the blue.
Still....I'm not ruling it out just yet either. Decisions, decisions!

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Yeah. Pics please... :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
See what I mean about the pearlflash on the silver? You only see the actual flash, which is downright classy looking. On the blue, you see the silver so much!

Can't wait for my black/blu reflective sample to get here. Pics when done? Sure thing! Bet I'll be plastering them everywhere I can! LOL

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
The guy that did my flames showed me a sample of a yellow reflective vinyl kinda like they use on police cars, etc. He said flames made out of this stuff would really stand out at night. Thought that might be a little to tacky. What you are planning to do sounds nice. Can't wait to see pics.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Hey guys I had Rich work a set of logo flame up in reflective months ago.

I'm working on some larger flames with him now (Black On Black).

Here in CO we have a member that put white reflective on a stone white pt. All i can say is sweet. During the day they give a small amout of reflectivity but at night when car light hit the viynl look out the car explodes.

I will post pic of the reflective logos soon

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now that looks good! More and more I'm thinking the black with the refectlive blue outline is going to be soooo cool! Not to much of the refective to be tacky, but still enough to make her different in such a great way. C'mon samples! I'm getting antsy now! :x

1 - 12 of 12 Posts