Turbo Dodge Forums banner

regarding SCAMMERS answering parts wanted threads

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  85lebaront2 
#1 ·
seems we're back to a problem we had solved before the format change

ANYONE , FROM NOW ON answering a parts wanted thread with an email address to a "buddy" who has the parts
WILL BE INSTANTLY BANNED

links to any adds answered this way should be sent DIRECTLY TO ME...!!

so I can deal with the azzholes

#7 ·
doubt pay pal will care if no funds involved

if you guys get a PM like these the best avenue is to click forward message and send it to me or any of the staff

it's that box to the left with the user's site name I need to get to their page/info .. I have to have that to take action as when I go to any of the user's pages I have "tools" to eliminate the problem member
BUT I need the actual user's name/avatar as it IS the link to get to them

this is why they never post in the forums as that would expose those enclosed links the moment they do

#8 ·
with the old site format there was the abality to add a post counter that would trigger permissions

we had this issue solved with the addition of a minimum number of public posts required before being able to use the PM system
however,
with the new format , there is no provision in the clockworks to add a post counter system..

SO BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR THE SITE OWNERS FOR RESTORING THIS PROBLEM WE ONCE HAD RESOLVED..

new format is nothing more than pretty window dressing to be sold as a great new thing to website owners .. it serves no other need really

yeah ....I don't bother to use the site much anymore .. sorry to say

#9 · (Edited)
User named "BlakeJason" told me to email jamesgary3214@gmail.com

User names "lordkelly29" told me to email jasonflawless686@gmail.com

Quick note to other users of this forum, both of these quite obvious scammers that referred me to "their buddy" and they created their accounts TODAY. Quite suspicious. Also, I always ask for a photo with something weird in it so that it can't be a canned photo from the internet. Like "take a picture of the part with an upside down coke next to it" or "Take a picture of the part with a fork next to it". 9/10 times if they can't produce the photo, they don't actually have what their offering. Most people who want to sell a part understand if you make a request like that to verify due to all the scammers lately.

#11 ·
Oh man this is funny, posted an add looking for a two piece intake. Guy claimed to have two, so I asked for some pictures and this is what he sent:
View attachment 277441
View attachment 277442

Wow that was hilarious. Which pocket do you want me to put the money in buddy???
Well at least we know this person can perform a Google search using images.:p

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.