Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 86 glhs engine in my glh with mopar stage 2 comp. can i run regular gas for dd or does it have to be premium?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it will see it every once and a while but won't be racing or anything just wondering what they recomended from dodge.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Its a premium fuel car.Even more so w/Stage 2. Unless you dont mind a little clatter,then by all means go for it.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I would not do it with out a means to monitor knock retard or are familiar with what detonation sounds like.

I tried it as an experiment on my stock set up. It would hit knock retard like crazy, with detonation to the point it could be heard. That said it is possible.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I would consider running regular fuel for DD if I was intent to never out accelerate a geo metro. or possibly if I just locked the wastegate open and ran 0 boost. but for a couple bucks a tankfull I'd think it's easier to just run the good stuff and not having to worry about your pistons ending up like this one. costing you way more in repairs than you saved on fuel.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
hmm...I've always ran reg. on my TII...but after that pic I think I'll upgrade :)

Has anyone here ever tried av-gas in our cars?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I do run 87 in my modified TII. Currently, about 12-14psi. S70 Turbo, mild head (about to change that and increase the C/R) 3" exhaust, and an excellent custom log header. I also data log and always monitor for knock retard. The head does run Singh's grooves and modified valves from Metric Mechanic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts