Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You won't beleive this but i have had my car 6 year's and had the motor out and now i need to replce my regulator and can't find it's location can someone with a 85glh omni tell me were it's at? Also the alternator belt tightening bolt is gone does anybody know the length and size?

· Helping when I can
1,327 Posts
you either hunt down a power module or wire an external regulator in.

· Helping when I can
1,327 Posts

· Administrator
26,453 Posts
Not sure on an 85 but if the bolt is the same as the others it is 8mm x 1.25 x 4" threaded all the way up.
You cannot replace the regulator, you have to replace the PM or install an external regulator.

· Registered
3,679 Posts
I'm getting tired of that link.

First off the two wires on the external regulator do matter which gets hooked up to what. Hooking them up backward will damage the external regulator.

next don't just piggy back it on top of the now non fuctioning regulator in the computer. Issue could happen if the computer starts to work again or better yet if it starts to do the other thing a bad regulator in a computer does over charge! Pick ONE way to regulate the alternator and use just the one.

I'm not going to read that again list more issues.

If you want to go the route of an external regulator we can help but without that link. Also keep in mind going with an external regulator can cause you to set a code and turn on your engine light. It seems it doesn't always happen but some have reported it does happen. No one to my knowledge has figured out a fix either.

Tim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.