Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have asked this before, but if the junkyard doesnt have any shadows, what other td's would have the exact same parts?

Does the daytona,omni,charger,spirit,and lebaron share the same parts.

I am mainly interested in the manual transmission parts, to do a swap, and any other little stuff that may need replaced.

I am a car noob at heart, if you wanted to do a manual swap, would you have to replace the whole transmission shell, or can you just swap the innards?

off topic, but I am watching the blair witch project, and in the very beginning, the guy has a charger. kinda neat.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
any TD transmission wise would be fine 525, 555, 520, 523 or 568. The cables you need from a sundance or shadow. The shifter would be the same in all of them more of less not L bodies and pedals get from a shadow or sundance or duster

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any TD transmission wise would be fine 525, 555, 520, 523 or 568. The cables you need from a sundance or shadow. The shifter would be the same in all of them more of less not L bodies and pedals get from a shadow or sundance or duster
Cool thanks, can you put the transmissions in order from best to worst? or did you already do that?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
520 and 555 shifter is way different from the 523/568 shifter. Shift pattern is different and the 555 shifter has a pull up ring for reverse. Your best bet is the grab the shifter assembly from whatever car you pull the tranny out of. I have an A555 equipped car, but I grabbed all of the stuff from a later 523/568 car because I eventually want a 568.
Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts