Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
If you want to upgrade, you can go with the Dodge/Jeep PDM that the late model Daytonas went to:

This is the larger version that I put into my Laser:

Table Passive circuit component Circuit component Desk Office equipment

Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Vehicle

·
Old School Hot Rodder
1,499 Posts
Same concept I used on my 1986 LeBaron convertible. I used a 1996 Dodge Stratus PDC, the design of which is quite similar, Sebrings also use a similar one. Layout is a bit different, biggest is the hot post on top as the Stratus and Sebring have the battery under the fender. Same 4 big relays, a number of maxi fuses to replace the fusible links, provision for a number of smaller relays and fuses. The Stratus and Sebring have two covers with the hot stud between them.

Reactions: Glhs60

·
Old School Hot Rodder
1,499 Posts
Yes I do. Air filter was changed from the 1989 T2 style to one from a 1991 Shadow convertible, 2.5L T1. This should give you an idea, since I went to a 1990 LeBaron convertible inside harness I now have each headlight high and low beam with individual relays and fuses.
Motor vehicle Gas Electrical wiring Auto part Automotive exterior
Electrical wiring Gas Auto part Machine Electronic device
Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Auto part Gas Cable
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Wheel
Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Automotive tire Gas Electrical supply
Motor vehicle Hood Electrical wiring Gas Cable
Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Cable Gas Auto part
Electrical wiring Gas Motor vehicle Electrical supply Electronic device
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Automotive design Automotive tire
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Reactions: Glhs60

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Feel free to post this to my
thread.

·
Old School Hot Rodder
1,499 Posts
If it is desired, I can do some in depth on the one I used, along with measurements. They apparently were also used by Chrysler in multiple applications.

·
Old School Hot Rodder
1,499 Posts
Ok, I will probably do the latter so it will be a stand alone item and link your thread in mine and add a link in yours. I fully agree it needs to be made available as we are dealing with 30+ year old wiring and the fusible links were always a problem area, especially when one failed. I have one fusible link left, the one from the alternator to the battery positive cable.

I did a similar rewire on my other 1986 vehicle, an F350 crew cab dual rear wheel beast with a 460. I am convinced the charging/power distribution system was designed be someone on some serious hallucinogenic drugs. It has two fusible links I left for safety reasons as the main power feed runs across the top of the radiator support and in a frontal collision could easily be shorted to the body. Those links are in parallel feeding the PDC on the left side inner fender.

Reactions: LaserDad

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I am convinced the charging/power distribution system was designed be someone on some serious hallucinogenic drugs.

It was me who designed this while shrooming with some friends. Trouble was we could not figure out how to use a pen and paper for the details.
Ended up wallowing in mud for 2 hours and afterwards I had forgotten the details of the whole setup. Sorry about that but we had a good time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts