Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it took almost three hours to install it. I do not reccomend you trying to install on a PT without some automotive experience. It requires some tracing of wires and you have to make a special electonics board to have the door lock operate. Mainly because the cruiser uses different resistances in the door lock buttons to tell the door lock module to lock or unlock. But if you decide to do it. You will need the following. It will be a little different depending on which alarm system you buy. I bought the Ultra Start 2250 that was on sale at Wykoffs. UltraStart has a really good techline that helped me thru some areas I couldn't figure out (duh on my part)

UltraStart 2250 Remote/Alarm System
Module to bypass the key. (Circuit City had a universal one)
You will have to make a special control unit for door locks
Extra key programmed to start the car. (Do not buy from Dealership ! Locksmith is a lot cheaper ! And they can program it for you)
Solder gun & solder
Ohm Meter
test light
Wire and more wire...
Black electrical tape
3 hours at least & that doesn't include the time to make the door lock controller.

I do have to say it is well worth it !

It will lock the doors and arm the system after 30 seconds. 8o
It will start the car and run for 15-45 mins depending on how long you want.
It has a shock sensor {For those stupid shopping carts !}
You can leave it running while you run in somewhere {Pull the key out & lock doors}
Has a really bright double blue led lights warning all {AND I MEAN REALLY BRIGHT} 8o

I really really like it ! :D

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
This winter, especially, I am very glad that I have the remote start in my PT and my truck.... :x I have an AudioVox, with a range of 800+ feet, so I can start it from my office building, even though I park near the back of the lot :x (don't trust coworkers with their doors... }( )

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I think I may get one for next winter. A couple of people at work have one and they love it too. Heck, it'll probably be nice to have for the summer too...get the A/C going! :)

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still have one wire to hook up to the dome light. Wasn't totally sure where to hook it up to.
But I have tested it twice today ! Was in the Red Lobster and started it when I got up to leave. The car was toasty warm !
Then while we paid at Sams at the cash register, I started it again !

I really like this, winter is ok. I park in a garage at home, so I won't use it in the morning. But when I get ready to leave work. The engine and inside will be warmed up.

The summer is what I am waitng for. I really hate getting into a really hot car. 8*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts