Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
1,526 Posts
Hard to understand, but it's easier to disconnect the exhaust pipe from the exhaust manifold. Removing the head and manifolds as an assembly will be a lot easier. At the flex flange, spray liberally with PB Blaster or other penetrating fluid. Using a 13MM wrench on the nuts, 13MM socket and a two foot extension w/ ratchet from underneath, should be a lot easier than trying to remove the manifolds with head still on the car. Don't forget to put plywood under the jackstands to keep them from sinking into the ground! Keep us posted.

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yah the lil bitches are rusted to hell, i can get the one on the passengers side and not the drives lol, , not a squeak out of them, ill twist them off, need to get more clearance underneath first tho lol

· Registered
3,600 Posts
yah the lil bitches are rusted to hell, i can get the one on the passengers side and not the drives lol, , not a squeak out of them, ill twist them off, need to get more clearance underneath first tho lol
r u removing the head? r u trying to pull the manifolds off before u pull the head? if yes to both, u r doing it all wrong. pull the head w. mannys and turbo. once u have the head and mannys off, then pull much easier on the bench

· Registered
13,610 Posts
its normally asperated, it has NO turb, its a plain 2.2L engine
Point being?

You can remove that n/a head with even less time... 45 minutes or less.

remove the intake stuff
unplug 4 spark wires
2 downpipe bolts
2 nuts and 1 bolts for timing cover.
2 bolts for a/c bracket
7 bolts for valve cover
10 headbolts

Did I miss anything else?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.