Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking around for a couple weeks now and finally found someone today. They do just about anything from suicide doors, shaved handles, custom fabrication, interior stuff, nos, etc.....

they quoted me a decent price.......were nice enough to show me around their shop and what projects they were working on, and had plenty of photo albums to look through. Think I'm going to schedule for a late march/early april paint date. will take approx. 3 weeks.

thought I'd share my happy story with everyone.

Now if I could only sell my other car!!!! :\

1994 Honda Del Sol s.....needs paint, but runs great. will take 4,000obo.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Sounds great! Can't wait to see it when finished. :)

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
That's great.

Same color? Love that Candy Apple Green (or whatever it's called).

What about the place that originally painted it. Did you get anything back from them? Was the paint that bad? Beyond repair?

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Sounds great... glad things are turing around for you. Will the new color be a surprise or can you share?

I'm sure it will turn out AWESOME!! :)

Hope we get to see it in person (hint hint)....

;)

·
Registered
17,709 Posts
That's great, Hiip! I was hoping you'd find a good custom paint shop and have the paint job done over. I hope you stick to that apple green. It's a cool color. Maybe you could flame it with yellow/red licks, or some other cool graphics.

Sounds like you were fortunate enough to find a quality shop like I have. That's the whole battle right there.

This may sound odd, but you might put the Del Sol on eBay. If there are any fans of the car--and I'm sure there are--they'd be there and you'd have a good chance of finding someone who wants a string running example that he/she plans to custom paint. Good luck and keep us informed (which translates to pics, pics, pics!). :)

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scott P said:
That's great.

Same color? Love that Candy Apple Green (or whatever it's called).

What about the place that originally painted it. Did you get anything back from them? Was the paint that bad? Beyond repair?
no money back from them yet. Can't sue because would have to take more time off work and pay attorney fee's.....it'd end up costing me more in the long run. I just have to bite the bullet and learn my lesson. Everyone I went to said it'd have to be totally redone. It was way beyond repair......I got everything from, they skipped a step, didn't wetsand/buff, didn't know how to apply kandy, not enough paint, didn't prep.......

TKF Paintshop in New Brunswick, NJ area did this..........they should be glad they have other jobs because they can't paint worht sh**!

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Give me some more details on the Del Sol and I might find a buyer here. I know a number of people looking for cars.

RN

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
btw- yes, will be sticking with same color......it is unique for the time being. thinking have adding a little graphic to it though.....flames perhaps. they have an airbrush guy that does fantastic work. thhis company is going to do a lot for me in the future. custom sub enclosure, custom interior, suicide doors??, nos...... little by little.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
HiiPERCRZ said:
btw- yes, will be sticking with same color......it is unique for the time being. thinking have adding a little graphic to it though.....flames perhaps. they have an airbrush guy that does fantastic work. thhis company is going to do a lot for me in the future. custom sub enclosure, custom interior, suicide doors??, nos...... little by little.
What company? Since I'm going to be moving, location of a shop will matter some...and suicide doors will definitely happen in the future.

RN

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
I thought you had sold the del sol! My sister bought mine-wish I had it back sometimes! I will get another-they are fun-and I LOVE the roll down rear window! Wish I could afford to buy it off of you.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
HiiPERCRZ said:
That sounds fantastic!!!!! It sounds like you found the right place this time. A graphic or some flames will look fantastic. Keep us posted. :D

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Glad to hear that things are looking up. Keep us up to date on the progress. You might want to try the local highschool for a buyer for your Del Sol. I bet you will find a Rice Boy there that would love to take that vehicle for more than its worth and screw it up.

Dan

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BlueMeanie said:
Glad to hear that things are looking up. Keep us up to date on the progress. You might want to try the local highschool for a buyer for your Del Sol. I bet you will find a Rice Boy there that would love to take that vehicle for more than its worth and screw it up.

Dan
yeah, it is funny that I can't sell it because most del sols are going for 2x and 3x KBB value and I'm asking about what KBB is. have it in autotrader and local newspaper and haven't had one bite for 3 months. could be economy and special deals on new cars right now.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
HiiPERCRZ I am glad that you found a painter you like.. I hope that this time it turns out for ya.. :)

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Glad to hear ypu found a GOOD shope this time around. I still say gicve small claims a go for SOME money back & lower fees. I can't see how you'd lose!!
Anyway, I have my hopes up it comes out WAY better than you dreamed ...this time! :)

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
HiiPERCRZ said:
Yea!!! I LOVE that green color you have (except for the runs.... :( ). Looking forward to seeing the final results! :)

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Good luck on your new paint...hope everyone in the Jersey area stays away from those butchers at TKF Paintshop! }(
I saw what they did to your car, and there is no excuse for letting crappy work like that get out the shop. They should be ashamed of themselves, and deserve to be flogged (do people get flogged any more?)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts