Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure I read a thread a few months back about replacement rear hatch struts. In the the thread someone mentioned that they found some "high quality" replacements that worked real well.
Anybody recall or can provide assistance on brand and where to purchase them?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
i would like to know as i have tried a few pairs on my turismo and none of them would hold up the hatch and they were for the option for louvers/spoiler

·
Registered
971 Posts
I've personally used both Sachs & Strongarm for my rear hatch (there ARE two different applications..Shadow ..spoiler vs. no spoiler)
The Strongarms didn't last very long (a few months) so I replaced them with the Sachs units, they've held up well, lasting 7 years but are now beginning to show some weakness, so I guess it's time for new set again.

You can find them at Rockauto for the Daytona as well.

·
Administrator
25,653 Posts
The only hatch supports that I have had no real problems with in 22 years are Monroe.
When I put them on 2 summers ago I had to actually hold the hatch to keep it from springing open.
Now in colder weather they still open on their own.
Got mine at Rock Auto.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
this is some good info as the one for my turismo that didnt hold were strongarms, the car only has a spoiler with no louvers but got the ones with louvers/spoiler and bolted them on didnt hold, sent them back got another set, didnt hold up and i am still looking LOL

i will try the Monroes on my turismo and my daytona as they are starting to crap out

·
Registered
44 Posts
I switched mine out for monroe's a few months ago after reading here that they were good and noted no change what so ever from the aging strongarm's that were on there. Granted it was already cold when I changed them out so I can't say if they will be better once summer hits. If not I have to say I would not advise others to use them.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The only hatch supports that I have had no real problems with in 22 years are Monroe.
When I put them on 2 summers ago I had to actually hold the hatch to keep it from springing open.
Now in colder weather they still open on their own.
Got mine at Rock Auto.
I think the monroes were the ones that i was reading about-thanks.
Im having difficulty locating them on rock auto website.... Do they sell them for GLHS(charger)?

·
Administrator
25,653 Posts
According to Rock Auto's site and Monroe's online catalog Monroe does not make them for 86/87 Omni/Charger with spoiler.
They are showing Sach's supports for 86/87 with Spoiler and Louvers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts