Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a Quick question; Does anyone know if one has to remove the dash to replace the wiring harness in an H body that has a Logic Module?

I know there is a rubber insulator at the firewall with a metal clip to hold it in place.

(harness that goes from LM to PM)

Thanks

· Registered
1,731 Posts
If you are replacing the engine harness, you should be able to disconnect the LM, and pull the assembly including the grommet out of the firewall. Then unbolt the bulkhead connector behind the drivers shock tower, unhook all the sensors, and connectors and tiestrap things that hold it at the firewall and remove it.
NAJ said:
There are 3 wires from the LM that run to the cluster, so those 3 wires are running into the underdash harness.
Where do they go? I'm not familiar with those.

· Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are replacing the engine harness, you should be able to disconnect the LM, and pull the assembly including the grommet out of the firewall. Then unbolt the bulkhead connector behind the drivers shock tower, unhook all the sensors, and connectors and tiestrap things that hold it at the firewall and remove it.

Where do they go? I'm not familiar with those.
Yeah thanks, and those 3 wires; I think they will go through the gormmet, around the firewall, and back in through the bulkhead along with all the other wiring. :) Yes they do...

· Legendary Driver
11,047 Posts
No you don't need to remove the dash to get the LM wiring out, But it is a bitch to get the plastic clip off inside so you can pull it out. I've done it a couple times. It hurts but it can be done. Take the passenger side seat out at least. If you don't have a/c it'll be easier yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.