Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any over-the-counter replacement radiators that will drop into a '87 GLH-S? If not, how much does it usually cost to re-core these rads?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
theres nothing out there worth considering for your GLHS, i'd recore it, a good shop can do it for $200-$300 and the radiator will retain the correct look.

paint it yourself though, use Eastwoods Satin Radiator rattle-can stuff, you'll have a radiator that looks brand new.

·
Banned
7,664 Posts
Just get the original radiator recored, I spent a ton of time researching other possible fits and fans at for the most part it was a total waste of time. I paid $350 total to get mine recored at a shop that has been repairing radiators here in Atlanta for 30 years. They called a core supplier to have the core custom made to the number of rows available and the correct width for the OEM tanks to be soldered on to. If your passenger side tank is rotted, you can get a standard T1 radiator for a Charger/Omni and pirate the passenger end tank, they are the same. The drivers side has a custom neck, you can transfer the neck from your tank to a standard T1 radiator also if needed but you need a good radiator man with a good torch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts