Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the arp head studs I ordered were the ones for the 8 valve, and when I tried to get the right ones overnighted to me I find out that theyre on national backorder for another couple of weeks, and nowhere around here has the original mopar ones, and I really need my car to have the head back on and running in the next couple of days. So would it be ok for me to reuse the original head bolts for a couple of weeks? they look perfect and only have 65k miles on them. the reason I ask is because i know these things stretch and I am under the impression that your not sopposed to reuse these things. thanks
Jerry

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
ARP has been out of them for at least 7 weeks. Pretty much everyplace is out of stock. ARP said they should be done soon. But then again they have told me that story 3 times in the last 6 weeks.
Reuse the head bolts if you have to get the car running, and if you are luckily using a cometic gasket, you could put in the studs later and still reuse your head gasket. Better alternative is to use new mopar t-3 head bolts. The BEST alternative is to wait on the ARP stud kit and hopefully they will come back in stock in the next couple of weeks.
Later,
Cindy

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am using a cometic gasket. Im going to try to find some somewhere but if I cant ill just reuse the old ones and then swap in the arp's one at a time when they come.
Jerry

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does anyone have the actual arp part number for the head studs. on fwd performance it says FWD 43-0191, which im assuming means 4301 which I have found on the internet, but it says they are the 10 mm ones, but I found these...
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/hm-performance/2084303.html
which I think are the right ones but they are part number 2084303 (4303). PLEASE HELP!!
thanks
Jerry

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya i dont want to reuse them, i just want to know if the ones for the b18c1 vtec are for sure the right studs.
Jerry

·
Registered
403 Posts
So long as they are not necked down, or rusted out, they should be OK. I have reused T3 head bolts a number of times with no head gasket issues. I think I had the head off the CSX-ND three or four times on the same bolts, and they still were not stretched out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts