Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I told this one before in another thread, but a while back I was in Advance Autoparts to get some oil. I used to work there, so I knew the kid behind the counter. He was talking to a few of his ricer friends standing there and I mentioned something about my intercooler or something.
One of the friends asked me what I drove and I said I had a turbo Daytona and a turbo minivan.
His eyes got all big and he started talking about "I saw this blue Voyager, it was turbo'd and it had a V8...blah blah....it was a 5 speed too."

I asked him if it had rust on it and peeling paint.....he's like "Yeah! You seen it too? I heard the blow off valve when it went by!" I said "Yeah, it's mine....and it's not a V8 and it's not a 5 speed."
He said it must have been a different one then 'cause this one was a turbo V8. The kid I knew told him that he's seen my van and it definately was NOT a V8 or RWD, but it is turbocharged.....

I thought it was funny that the van has this larger than life rep already.

I know for a fact that I'm the only blue turbo Voyager running around here with peeling paint.....it's a pretty small town, I think I'd remember another turbo van here!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Another time, I was in my Daytona and took it a Friday night to the self serv car wash. Right after I got there, about 12 ricers pull up and start hanging out. Among them is this ricer with a white new model civic. It has a grey primer body kit, big erector set wing, gullwing doors, rims and a huge fart pipe....oh and blue underbody neons.

I knew this kid from seeing him on the street all the time and every time I get next to him, he turns off or slows way down...

I finshed up cleaning my car and walked out where the ricers were.....some of their girlfriends were hot too, so I was checking them out.
I saw the white Civic had a gauge in a 3 hole pillar pod, so I walked up to the kid and asked him what they were for.
He said he was getting a turbo kit, so he's got a boost gauge in there, (unhooked of course, but with the light on) an A/F ratio gauge and "one of those exhaust something gauges." "EGT?" "Yeah! That's the one!"

He said he's just ordered the gauges and they were on the way....LMAO!
Typical ricer.....order the gauges who knows how long before he even gets his turbo kit...AND he said he just bought and installed a header. Why would you spend money on a header if you're going to get a turbo kit???????????

I asked him if he took it to the track and he said "yeah, I did when I got my intake and exhaust.......I ran a 17.something."

LMAO!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
umm i duno i was at a gas station one time after i took my cat out and stuck a test pipe in its place and revved the engine after gassing up and some guy filling his honda accord with gas,had a huge wing on it,ugly blue primer color,huge white vinyls duct taped on and gigantic pipe,after i scared him with my no cat or muffler lancer i saw gas come out of his fuel tank down the side of his car and onto his pants!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I ran into a guy with an 89 Probe at the cruise spot one night, he kinda got my attention when he was complaining about the lack of aftermarket support for the 1G Probes. I talked with him for awhile, and asked him if he'd ever looked for Mazda MX-6 parts for his Probe. He got all pissed off, and told me flat out that his Probe was a red-blooded AMERICAN made automobile, and no Japanese parts had been used in it. I told him to look at his motor, and then look under the hood of a Miata parked a few cars over. Even then he wouldn't admit his car was really an import, so I asked him if he had a screwdriver. I went over to his car, and unscrewed the "FORD" nameplate on the intake. Underneath was the cast-in "MAZDA". He didn't even say anything, he slammed his hood down, grabbed the plate from me, and damn near ran somebody over on his way out of the parking lot. 3 days later, there was an ad for a 89 Probe in the paper!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
A couple years ago when the GLHS was still 200k mile worn out stock I had a few ricers commenting on my car and how it sounds all tough and mean. At idle it did sound mean.....or is that just a constant misfire? See, I only had 80 psi compression on all 4 cylinders and it idled real rough, only 8" vacuum. One asked why it sounded like it did and I replied in a very smartass tone "It's got a cam." He replied 'WHOA! Hey guys, don't mess with him, he has a turbo AND a cam!" Good times.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
I was talking to my cousin and his girlfriend a couple days after buying my Shelby Daytona. They're both into the ricer scene. I don't remember how it started, but the girl went off about her brother's Focus. It has all these crazy things done to it and was painted and had a wing and loud exhaust, etc. etc. The whole time my cousin didn't say a word, and I was pretty much ignoring her. When she finally shut up, he spoke up and told her that her brother didn't want to mess with a Shelby Daytona because it was fast and much better looking stock. Needless to say she was pissed. I think I owe him a beer or something for that one, when he finally gets old enough that is. :)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Back when I first got my van, I installed a Probe IC over the top of the engine G. Donovan style. I went by this ricer shop near my house and there were all these ricers hanging out, bumping stereos and whatnot.
As I pulled to the intersection where the shop is, I was slowing for the light and saw them all out. I decided to give em some BOV action before I stopped.
They were all "Ohhhhhh daaaamn, did you hear that van???" and carrying on. Then they started asking me to pull in over there, so I did and they were all gathered around looking at my van. Some kid said something about his friend's Acura was fast and would beat me blah blah blah. I asked him if wanted to go for a ride.

I took him out to the main road and gave him a WOT run from 35-65 MPH. When I let out, he said "Holy crap dude!! I think I just pee'd my pants!!".
He went on to say that my van would smoke the Acura bad and that it was way faster than his Honda with $1,000 in mods.
I was laughing for awhile on that one! :thumb:

·
Banned
4,729 Posts
3Bar_Mopar said:
I asked him if he took it to the track and he said "yeah, I did when I got my intake and exhaust.......I ran a 17.something."

LMAO!

Atleast he was honest about the ET, most ricers would say 14's or maybe even 13's :rolleyes: I had a kid in a turbo'd H22 prelude, he was running 9 PSI and said he could run 10's. I just laughed at him in his face and walked away.

·
Registered
380 Posts
i am a soldier on ft eustis and i have an iroc r/t. one day i was walking toward my car and noticed a guy looking at my car a little to closely. i opened the door he said,"so you are the one that owns this car". i said yes its mine. then he said "i like the body style". then he said "i like the body style of the daytona iroc r/t a little better than this body style". i said "this is an iroc r/t". he then said "no it isnt". i proceded to show him the badges and engine. He then said"man i dont know because my friend han an iroc r/t and the body style was different. i walk off on that comment.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I was in the plasa one night and there was this with a nissan hardbody truck with a bed cover and a ricer wing on the truck bed cover as I pulled in he pointed at my bone stock lookin 1993 Daytona and laughed. As I sat there and stewed over the idiot with a ricer truck pointing and laughing at me when he should be laughed out of town i started thinking im gonna humiliate him hee hee... I walked over and asked him why he had a bed cover and a wing my exact words were "Doesnt the wing defeat the purpose of the bed cover??" and he got all pissed and started talkin smack so I just turned around and said take it to the bypass with all that lip as i walked toward my car. I got in my car and let him lead we got out to the bypass and he was darts and I looked over at him and pretended to yawn then told him to go I let him get about half a car lenth ahead and shifted back to 2nd and let him have it I dunno if he let out or what but I flat out couldnt even see his head lights anymore. I went back to the plaza and asked him what happened and he said "You just wait til I get my imported muffler.." LMAO!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
93DaytonaR said:
I was in the plasa one night and there was this with a nissan hardbody truck with a bed cover and a ricer wing on the truck bed cover as I pulled in he pointed at my bone stock lookin 1993 Daytona and laughed. As I sat there and stewed over the idiot with a ricer truck pointing and laughing at me when he should be laughed out of town i started thinking im gonna humiliate him hee hee... I walked over and asked him why he had a bed cover and a wing my exact words were "Doesnt the wing defeat the purpose of the bed cover??" and he got all pissed and started talkin smack so I just turned around and said take it to the bypass with all that lip as i walked toward my car. I got in my car and let him lead we got out to the bypass and he was darts and I looked over at him and pretended to yawn then told him to go I let him get about half a car lenth ahead and shifted back to 2nd and let him have it I dunno if he let out or what but I flat out couldnt even see his head lights anymore. I went back to the plaza and asked him what happened and he said "You just wait til I get my imported muffler.." LMAO!!
ahah, what year was it? anything below 95 only has 150 hp when they where new. an imported muffler isn't gonna do diddly! haha great story!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts