Turbo Dodge Forums banner

2641 - 2653 of 2653 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow thanks guys, I did try replacing the relay for low beam last night with a new 5 pin Bosch one and that did not resolve the issue so this weekend I will look at the body computer. Can't thank you all enough this is a great and very active group!

·
Old School Hot Rodder
1,427 Posts
Wow thanks guys, I did try replacing the relay for low beam last night with a new 5 pin Bosch one and that did not resolve the issue so this weekend I will look at the body computer. Can't thank you all enough this is a great and very active group!
I have pretty fair degree on confidence you will find that your problem is there. Convertibles are very prone to water leaks, and a windshield leak in that corner will soak the body computer causing all sorts of mystery problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have pretty fair degree on confidence you will find that your problem is there. Convertibles are very prone to water leaks, and a windshield leak in that corner will soak the body computer causing all sorts of mystery problems.
I agree, anyone have a replacement unit they know is good or have a recommendation for a supplier?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Anybody heard from the Eval Cow Lately? Do we have to sent out the St Bernard's with the Whiskey Barrel hung around their necks? YO BRIAN, HELLOOOOO! WHERE IZ YOUUUUU? YOU BEEN TOO LONG QUIETTTT ......

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,646
I'm here. Been busy. Haven't done much car-related stuff recently.

For the locals: 2 LeBaron convertibles in the Ft Lee junkyard. 93 and 95 I believe. One has a set of 16" white cathedral wheels on it. Both cars are pretty rough though.

SaberMike, if you need to replace your body computer, you must get one from another 92 LeBaron. There were changes to the electronics in 92 and your car is the last year for flip up headlights (which is handled by the body computer) so your BCM is 1 year only. It also contains any function controls your car may have like headlight delay, courtesy lighting controls, etc. You need to find one that matches your car's options if you want everything to still work. There is nothing in the BCM specific to convertibles or coupes though, so it can come from either body style.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I was 35 minutes away from calling you. I hadn't heard so much as boo from you since I sent back those two replacement-exchange 12 buttons. Seriously starting to think you'd been run over by a herd of Buffalo. Keep your cell handy my Friend, Jer:cheers:

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,648
Everything is ok here Jer. I did get the 2 navs. They're still sitting in a box untouched. Wife and dog have both been sick. Work has been a little stressful with multiple major projects happening at the same time. And it's been raining like I need to go find Noah. Just waiting on spring. TurboWookie and I both signed up for the waiting list for hot rod drag week though. We'll see how that pans out.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Thanks for the 1st + 2nd get back Pal. I waz starting to think eval thoughts about the USPS ability to preform even simple tasks anymore like what they get paid to do? Took me over an hour of looking before I found the USPS receipt that gave me the proof that I did indeed send 'um back. BTW, I got tail ended while driving the Mini ah month ago. The perpetrator got spanked with a 3 point ticket for whacking me in the A**. And his 2 YO Jeep Cherokee needz a new condenser, radiator, and Air Bag what ah dumb ass, lol. Mini goes into the body shop on 3/12 for a hew hatch, bumper and parts inboard of the bumper and the left tail lite. and I'll be driving the Maxi for ah couple weeks while the mini iz in the shop. Know anybody that needz ah '94 B-250 w/ 73K on it?, WITH WORKING A/C? I sure as H*** can't find anybody down here that wantz it?

·
Old School Hot Rodder
1,427 Posts
If any of you guys happen across some Chrysler wiring harness bits, I am trying to find a pair of 13 pin connectors that were used on the 1987-89 J body and 1988-89 G body cars with the electronic clusters, They are black and natural colors. Black was also on the K and earlier (1984-86) G body cars with electronic clusters. Natural may have also been used on some of the information centers.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,651
I'll keep a look out for you Bill. I haven't seen a digi dash car in the yards in a while. You might want to put the call out in the parts wanted section.

In related news, CAP Ft Lee has an 88 Reliant and a 94 Sundance. Nothing else has been through in a while.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,652
Some updates:

1) CAP Ft Lee has an 86 LeBaron GTS. It's a complete pile of junk. TBI, 525, and rotted to hell. The driver's window has been left open a long time, so the interior is completely ruined. There is a GT cruiser about to hit the yard this week. It was in the waiting area. And there are a couple of K cars, 1 at Ft Lee and 1 at Richmond. Both are non-turbo.

2) I met the guy that bought the "Arnold Palmer" LeBaron convertible. Gave him my contact info for when he inevitably has issues. The car is mechanically sound he says, but the cosmetics are looking rough. He really likes it though, so maybe he'll take care of it.

3) TurboWookie and I are headed to Carlisle in a little over a week. Hoping to be there by midday Thursday. We'll be staying in a hotel on 11, just a couple miles up from the fairgrounds. Anybody else going this year?

4) There's a TBI 5-speed Daytona ES for sale on CL right now. $750 and doesn't run. Looks rough. But, it's a high turnover car lot in south Richmond, so they won't keep it long. Price will drop until they're giving it away, then they'll junk it if it doesn't sell.

2641 - 2653 of 2653 Posts