Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
*_QUEEN WRENCHER_*
296 Posts
What a sad day...he lived a wonderful and amazing life that impacted us all.

·
Administrator
24,990 Posts
I just got home and read that, wish I could lower my antenna to half staff.

Carroll Shelby will be remembered and missed.

Not a numbered car but a VNT and Proud to wear the Shelby name.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
We owe this man so much, he basically created our little Turbo Dodge world! If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have any of these cars!

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
We owe this man so much, he basically created our little Turbo Dodge world! If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have any of these cars!
Very well put.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
I was 10 feet from that man a few years ago at an event at Tasca Ford in Rhode Island. The event was to celebrate Bob Tasca III breaking a drag racing record. John Force and Carroll Shelby were guests to the event and would be signing autographs. You can bet that 99% of people there were only there to meet the legendary Mr. Shelby.

I had waited in line outside for nearly 4 hours on a bitchin hot summer day, amongst a sea of wife beaters and Mustang glove compartment doors, holding my original 1988 Dodge Daytona dealer brochure in my hand. I was looking forward to having Carroll Shelby's signature right across the page with the Daytona Shelby on it. Finally, I was right next to the tent. I was close enough to see the man himself with a couple of assistants handing him markers and bottled water. With only 6 people in front of me, I saw him put his marker down and give a nod to one of his assistants. It was then announced that he was getting exhausted from the heat and he would no longer be signing autographs.

Walking away slowly through an irate crowd, head down with an autograph-less brochure in my hand, I knew that the only chance I'd ever have to meet him was gone.

Next time you look outside your window at a sky full of grey clouds, it might be a sign of rain. Or, it might be Carroll Shelby burning serious tire in heaven. R.I.P.

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
sad more people wouldn't turn out in Vegas. He would have liked to see more of the Dodge people. But every year SDAC is a east coast get together

1 - 11 of 11 Posts