Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY r/t runs good and idles good when iam just putting around but when i get on it the acceleration is rough and vibrates allot in side the car, some times it feels like it loses power but not all the time just really rough and lots of vibration when iam in the boost, when i first got it was very smooth, could it be something as simple as bad plugs and wires???

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that was the first thing i did when i got it, i havent been very nice to fuel filters, they have caused me so many problems

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a problem with a rough acceleration with my r/t. Some times the car will accelerate fine. But the rough acceleration happens everytime I drive it. It only happens when I step on it. First gear feels normal but as soon as I get on it the car seems to vabrate like crazy on one side (driver side). I notice if I accelrate slowly I dont feel it really at all. Any ideas where to look. Is it a bent frame or wheel bearings, drive line....................???

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I agree with whats been said as well. Could be, and most likely is something simple. Keep us updated.

I have a problem with a rough acceleration with my r/t. Some times the car will accelerate fine. But the rough acceleration happens everytime I drive it. It only happens when I step on it. First gear feels normal but as soon as I get on it the car seems to vabrate like crazy on one side (driver side). I notice if I accelrate slowly I dont feel it really at all. Any ideas where to look. Is it a bent frame or wheel bearings, drive line....................???
Id make a thread about it, but, without hijacking the OP, it sounds like you have a bad motor mount.

·
Registered
224 Posts
ive had a loose plug wire cause it to sputter and pop under boost but ran fine out of boost. Try some ngks and a set of magnacore wires. The ff is a good idea as well.
+1

Also, If you're tracking down fuel, you have to look at the Pump, and FPR too. Do you have a Fuel Pressure Gauge?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts