Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ijust recieved my rps max clutch in the mail today and I was suprised to see that there is only about .030" of wear avaliable untill the rivets hit. This is going into my daily driver and if I need to know what the average life on these things are. I plan to make 350-400 hp. Im not going to put it in if its only going to last a couple months. Would a stock clutch be a better option for me for longevity? Thanks
Jerry

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
i have run 2 rps discs/pp's in my horizon. 1 with the 8v motor~270whp, and the other(still installed) with ~380whp. this is also in a lighter car, but is driven like it should be!

the 8v setup was in the car for 15k miles, and when i pulled it out, the disc looked new. it had ~20 strip launches on it, and many street ones. The t3 PP that i used, along with the flywheel surface were the parts that wore! pretty deep if i do say so. do not fear the "small" wear surface of the 4 puck rps unit.

I ran the same 4 puck disc, but with a stronger rps PP this time with the t3 motor, and after 6k miles i had to pull it apart. everything looked great with little to no wear on anything, with some hard driving and street launches. this time no gouging of the pp/flywheel. i like it for holding power and very minimal chatter. we'll see when i turn up the power over 400 and push it on the track.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, thanks for the replies. It looks like ill be using the rps clutch. I kindof figured that the flywheel would do the majority of the wearing because of it being much softer than the ceramic clutch pucks.
Jerry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts