Turbo Dodge Forums banner

RTV safe for a boosted motor!?

1K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  scorpion1 
#1 ·
Alright heres the problem. In an attempt to remove the stock swingvalve one of the bolts broke off after turning most of the way out. I really dont want to attempt the rest without taking off the header first. Im concerned that these may brake as well though, I cant afford to pull the head right now. Will High temp RTV be good enough to reseal the header if I pull it or do i HAVE to get another gasket? I already have a bunch of crap Im gonna have to pull and retap because at least one bolt has broken upon removal :bang head

#3 ·
I wish I could, This car HAS to be on the road by the end of the week:-( Which is why I dont wanna pull the head cuz Im gonna wanna drop the oil pan and drop in forged internals and slap on a large trim turbo and ported head lol.

#5 ·
yea I knowww:bash:I really wish I could build it right now. Will the RTV be ok for about 6 months till I can swap heads and internals? All it needs is exhaust and inspection and its the only thing holding me up. I have no idea how to get these things out without breaking anymore. Im praying the first backed out far enough that its not still holding it to the turbo:bang head

#15 ·
deffinetly makes sense. Im still used to working on neons so to pop the head would cost me over $100 easy. Recomended gaskets? Ill be getting ARP hardware. I run MOBILE 1 in all my vehicles so its decently cheap. yea it cost me like 3 something a qt for oil. Oh and I needa get a torque wrench. Well my next paychech should cover all this I was just worried itd cost alot more than that.

#17 ·
I havent had any problems yet, its fully synthetic I would assume not but Im not much of an oil guru. I figure, the cars came with a Mobil 1 sticker on em, and mopar recomends it so why not? I run Seafoam through once a year as well to help keep carbon buildup down and clean off the cylinder walls ect. I use it in my transmission as well with no issues, but I got the trans fully rebuilt from another member.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.