Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I wait for my cal to come back from FWDP, I am hoping to do some fuel system maintenance. My shadow has been sitting for ~2 years without any fresh fuel so I am wanting to add some and cycle out the old stuff and then change out the rubber lines and filter.

I have no ecu in the car right now, so how would I go about running the pump off a direct power source? Is there a pinout on the ecu harness or a jumper connector I could use?

Also, what size filter should be used for a stock fuel system?

·
Administrator
25,002 Posts
You can try manually actuating the ASD relay.
With the key on/engine off ground the DB/YL wire in the diagnostic connector.
If it does not work because the controller is not present, run 12 volts from the + battery to the + coil.

Be sure to use Fuel Injection Hose when you change the lines.
Also be sure to use Fuel Injection Hose Clamps.
The sizes are 5/16" for the feed lines and 1/4" on the return side.
You need enough for the lines off the tank, at the filter and at the fuel rail.

For the filter just go to any parts store and have them look up the application.

Fuel Filter | 1988 Dodge Shadow 4 Cylinders E 2.2L FI Turbo | AutoZone.com

Prestone/1/4 x 18 in. fuel injection hose (FJ0104) | Rubber Hose | AutoZone.com

Prestone/5/16 x 18 in. fuel injection hose (FJ0516) | Rubber Hose | AutoZone.com

Buy Autocraft 5/16" Automotive Fuel Injection Hose Clamp (4-Pack) AC52F15V at Advance Auto Parts

Buy Autocraft 1/4" Automotive Fuel Injection Hose Clamp AC52F13V at Advance Auto Parts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah! I should note that there is no battery present. The lines will be ran to separate can well away from any ignition sources.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts